The FA Cup 2014/15 thread

Lineker

Like I said, I agree that you can't put your hands on the ref. By ridiculous, all I meant was that he tugged on the back of his shirt to get his attention so they could talk and got sent off for it. I agree that it was stupid thing to do from Di Maria.

Okay, I'm relatively new to this football business and I'm honestly wondering why players even bother arguing with the ref. Has it every changed the ref's mind? It just never seems to work when I see it happen. Ever.

• Like 1

Oh fuck off Oliver.

While I agree with you that it was daft, but you can't do something like that without running the risk of getting sent off.

That's true. Just so ridiculous you can get sent off for that.
Is it bollocks. It's a complete lack of respect for the man in charge of the game, you don't take action against Di Maria then what's to stop every player grabbing hold of the referee?

In rugby you'd be looking at a lengthy ban for that

When he's performing this poorly, should he be respected?
Yes. Next retarded question.

I'll remind of that, next time you're spouting off in the Football League thread.
Yes, fair enough, you can absolutely bring that up when I try to defend a Leeds player putting their hands on the referee.

:rolleyes:

Oh fuck off Oliver.

While I agree with you that it was daft, but you can't do something like that without running the risk of getting sent off.

That's true. Just so ridiculous you can get sent off for that.
Is it bollocks. It's a complete lack of respect for the man in charge of the game, you don't take action against Di Maria then what's to stop every player grabbing hold of the referee?

In rugby you'd be looking at a lengthy ban for that

When he's performing this poorly, should he be respected?
Yes. Next retarded question.

I'll remind of that, next time you're spouting off in the Football League thread.
Yes, fair enough, you can absolutely bring that up when I try to defend a Leeds player putting their hands on the referee.

:rolleyes:

Except I wasn't doing that...

Okay, I'm relatively new to this football business and I'm honestly wondering why players even bother arguing with the ref. Has it every changed the ref's mind? It just never seems to work when I see it happen. Ever.

It's never worked. Even in instances where players have argued against their own team (for example Robbie Fowler once got up and told the referee that he wasn't fouled and it wasn't a penalty, he still gave the penalty).

It's never worked. Even in instances where players have argued against their own team (for example Robbie Fowler once got up and told the referee that he wasn't fouled and it wasn't a penalty, he still gave the penalty).

In that case, I just don't see why they even waste their time. Why risk getting carded if it isn't even going to work? I just don't understand.

Also there was the mistaken identity red card with Gibbs and the Ox. Wasn't that only changed after the game?

I think arguing with the ref isn't about the decision he just made. It's about exerting pressure and intimidation to influence the next decision in their team's favour.

See Rooney being a bellend after every stoppage in play during that match as an example.

• Like 1

In that case, I just don't see why they even waste their time. Why risk getting carded if it isn't even going to work? I just don't understand.

Because it puts pressure on the ref to make a decision the other way next so he doesn't get surrounded by angry red shirts two minutes later. How long have you been watching this team?

Edit: Fuck sake TCO, can you stop saying the same thing at the same time as me?!?

Edited by Ultra Rare Colly

Fucking despise Rooney.

Oh come on. It was a wonderful header and the Arsenal D flubbed that like we flubbed your goal.

Oh I'm not complaining about the goal at all, just that I hate the scorer :shifty:

As much as I can't believe anyone is debating that red card in the slightest, all ill say is man unitelol

Because footballers aren't intelligent

Edit: and yeah, there is the idea that it'll influence future decisions but that can work against them as much as for them

• Like 1