Superman 64 Discussion Thread

Benji

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...

• BATMAN!
    • LEADER!

Apparently I don't follow you on twitter...thought I did

• 5 months later...
So, does anybody else think that some of her Kickstarter their Patreon supporters might want to see her them prosecuted for fraud?
Hulk-Hogan-Right-Guard-print-ad.jpg

Anything else would be uncivilized.

DANK MEMES

TM

Also, if one good thing has come from this thread it's that we have evidence to call bullshit if Hogan ever says he doesn't see colour.

• Like 3

So, does anybody else think that some of her Kickstarter their Patreon supporters might want to see her them prosecuted for fraud?

At least they finished the project they got funding for, tropes vs women in video games has only covered three out of the proposed twelve in two years, the last episode coming out a year ago, and now they are doing something completly different.

I will say you could perceive that the positive female characters in video games videos that they are doing now are an expansion of one of the topics from the kickstarter, but still factoring that its not only 1/3 finished, they still have eight topics to cover and since they seems to be making more money doing talks the likelihood of it ever being finished is slim to none.

I would like to point out that I do not disagree that some of the topics they address, just the fact that the videos have a strong bias towards their ideology, and that some things covered are taken out of context to justify their argument.

I will say you could perceive that the positive female characters in video games videos that they are doing now are an expansion of one of the topics from the kickstarter, but still factoring that its not only 1/3 finished, they still have eight topics to cover and since they seems to be making more money doing talks the likelihood of it ever being finished is slim to none.

I would like to point out that I do not disagree that some of the topics they address, just the fact that the videos have a strong bias towards their ideology, and that some things covered are taken out of context to justify their argument.

I wouldn't argue with that myself. I'm not all that much of a fan of those videos for those very reasons, and I think that other people have presented similar cases in a better manner, but the people who work themselves into a frenzy without even watching them are ironically the ones who've helped make Anita Sarkeesian the Internet celebrity they're all apparently so Hell-bent on destroying. If these people simply ignored the videos and got on with their lives, Sarkeesian would be much less of a focal point in this entire fiasco, but the few who seem to relish the idea of chasing her with pitchforks and burning torches have made her less a mere Internet commentator and more a "martyr" for an entire movement.

I'd feel like advising Sarkeesian's more militant opponents to get on with their lives, stop letting one person's opinions bother them so much and let Sarkeesian fade into the background, but I can't shake off the feeling that those people both want and need her to stay active because, without her, they don't have a primary figure against whom to direct their vitriol.

People finish kickstarters late all the time. As a matter of fact that's why I stopped funding stuff. Doesn't mean she wont finish.

You assume the risk when you donate, just because I get money to direct towards a certain project doesn't also mean I have bills to pay and a job I still need to work.  Or in Sarkeesian's case an opportunity for speaking engagements and such because of the celebrity her enemies turned her into.  And, yes, those concerns are very valid for people not wanting to fund stuff on Kickstarter.  And to add on, the reason I stopped as well.

Edited by alex morgdam
  • Like 1

I'm also going to assume that most people donating towards the videos were doing so for the cause more than the actual videos themselves, and because in the meantime she has been taking speaking engagements and moving outside the area of YouTube and to a broader audience - that these people aren't nearly as upset as the people who don't watch the videos and only find "oh, but the videos" as a sticking point.

• Like 2