The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

6 minutes ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

I don't understand the logic of it being announced half way through a league season.

It does seem like it kinda undermines the current manager.

In fairness, even without this announcement you'd have reporters questioning Pellegrini about next season and/or Guardiola over the coming months anyway. It's easier to give a lame duck answer if you've already admitted to being a lame duck. :shifty: 

12 minutes ago, Be Like Thrill said:

He's going to Manchester, not Leicester.

Next three matches are going to see whether that's true or not. Arsenal and Liverpool have already beat us once, and Man City are literally just a win away from taking over us.

I live in hope :(

• Like 1

Definitely Guardiola's biggest challenge though. I mean, all things considered, City's defence and midfield requires a bit of an adjustment in the summer. Plus, the league he's joining is much more competitive to what he's used to. 

Still think he is much more suited to the Arsenal job. :(

9 minutes ago, David Marrio said:

Can't wait for Pep to struggle against the big dogs in Tony Pullis and Big Sam. 

And don't forget the rampant xenophobia of the British tabloid media and, well, also Big Sam.

• Admin

The Aston Villa manager Rémi Garde has indicated he may reassess his position in the summer after failing to land any of his transfer targets.

"Maybe it was not as clear when I signed, but it's something that I don't want to discuss too much," Garde said. 

"I understand that you cannot carry on doing the same things when you have not been as successful as you have wanted. 

"I cannot say the club hasn't done everything they could. It wouldn't be fair. I'm not happy about this situation. I am not stupid and saying we need nobody. 

"Some people have to be brave enough to say what have we done wrong in the past and what we should be doing now to stop that and to be better, maybe not in the next months but the next season or in two or three years."

• Like 1