The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

I'd quite like to see that just for the post match press conference if he wins his first game where he points out that he is statistically Man Utd's greatest ever manager.

• Like 9

Speaking of Rooney and England. If everyone is fit, does he even get in that team? I know he will get in the team because he's Wayne Rooney and captain, but the thought of a Sturridge and Kane front 2 sounds very exciting.

Well we aren't short for strikers. Welbeck is back from injury, Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy, Daniel Sturridge if he's fit. 

I would have any of them four up front on their own or any combination of them four before Rooney. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

I know Rooney is injured but he still has more chance of being fit than Sturridge. 

It was a hypothetical question where everyone is fully fit and it's not infeasible to suggest that Sturridge could could be fighting fit for 3(+) games in June.

Sturridge and Kane, with Vardy/Welbeck coming off the bench seems like much more exciting options than Rooney at the minute. 

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

Correct.

Unfortunately he's let that good will slip.

Like Steven Gerrard slipped. Even when he said specifically not to.

You let Liverpool down Steven.

Tottenham must be in a title race for once <_<

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Rooney will play for England if he's anywhere near fit. Which is a real shame as I think we'd have more balance and pace without him quite often.

More balance than Gerrard

:w00t:

• Like 6

Number of trophies Steven Gerrard has won during his playing career: 10
Number of trophies Tottenham have won during Steven Gerrard's playing career: 2 

:rolleyes:

It is amusing how people are obsessed with him slipping, especially considering he's done more as a player than some teams have in the past 20 years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Marrio said:

Number of trophies Tottenham have won during Steven Gerrard's playing career: 2 

:rolleyes:

It is amusing how people are obsessed with him slipping, especially considering he's done more as a player than some teams have in the past 20 years. 

He's not done more than a whole team. :/

See, if we're treating them as individuals:

Number of Tottenham players who won trophies during Steven Gerrard's playing career: About 40, perhaps?  

Pretty resounding defeat for Gerrard there. :/

• Like 5