The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Milner...he can whip in a good cross in open play but can't whip a good corner in to save his life. 

Sakho and Origi :wub:

Barkley needs a derby moment.  I can't recall him ever having a standout performance when playing against us. 

Cue 4 more Liverpool goals.

Funes Mori has had SUCH a good season as well, that pains me to see. Not as much as it pains Origi though, obviously.

And @Work Experience Jack, nice try but that is unfounded rubbish, unlike my claim that both of Noble's goals were brilliant despite both being penalties and me not having seen either of them.

Ffs. Origi getting stretchered off. He's been fantastic since coming back from injury earlier on in the season. 

Hopefully it's nothing serious :(

3 minutes ago, Part-Time Davidmarrio said:

Horrible bastard.  Deserved to a straight red. 

Hopefully Origi ain't hurt. 

Meh. It was probably a red all told, but it clearly wasn't a challenge that was him setting out to injure the man. The ball was there to be won, but he caught the standing leg.

Just now, Unemployed Liam said:

Meh. It was probably a red all told, but it clearly wasn't a challenge that was him setting out to injure the man. The ball was there to be won, but he caught the standing leg.

The whole grabbing the badge and beating his chest as he went off did him no favours for me.

The ball was there to be won yes but it was a horrible tackle, catching his leg is an understatement. He went over the top and has injured a player. 

This Everton team is so bad. Something needs to change over the summer as it seems they've regressed over the past few seasons. There's potential within the squad but it needs rebuilding in a few areas. 

I'm fully expecting Man United to steam roll them on the weekend and that's the last thing I want.  

17 minutes ago, Part-Time Davidmarrio said:

This Everton team is so bad. Something needs to change over the summer as it seems they've regressed over the past few seasons. There's potential within the squad but it needs rebuilding in a few areas. 

I'm fully expecting Man United to steam roll them on the weekend and that's the last thing I want.  

One thing needs to change quite desperately. The manager. Everton have a terrific squad, top to bottom. Their best 11 needs only a goalkeeper adding to it in my opinion to be good enough to challenge top 4. But Martinez has cocked it all up, clearly cannot manage at the top level and has wasted probably the last year that we will have Lukaku, Stones, Deulofeu and Barkley all at the club together. This is an embarrassment to the club in every way, and if he still has a job at the end of the season and Everton haven't won the FA Cup then Bill Kenwright has officially lost it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

One thing needs to change quite desperately. The manager. Everton have a terrific squad, top to bottom. Their best 11 needs only a goalkeeper adding to it in my opinion to be good enough to challenge top 4. But Martinez has cocked it all up, clearly cannot manage at the top level and has wasted probably the last year that we will have Lukaku, Stones, Deulofeu and Barkley all at the club together. This is an embarrassment to the club in every way, and if he still has a job at the end of the season and Everton haven't won the FA Cup then Bill Kenwright has officially lost it.

I want Everton to do well (not as good as Liverpool obviously) as it's good for the city. 

There's a good spine in the squad. You've got Stones who could be your centre back sorted for the next 10 years. McCarthy  and Barkley in the middle and Lukaku up front. 

You got Deulofeu and Besic as well. There's good players but in terms of depth there isn't any. It's clear there is problems behind the scenes and this is a massive cock up going into the semi final. This is the worst FA Cup semi finals in terms of quality for a long time. Watford have pottered off in the second half of the season, Palace have been crap this year and Man Utd have been bang average. 

I don't know who would come in but there needs to be changes. And this summer is going to be difficult as so many teams need to rebuild or strengthen. Especially with all the new TV money. Gonna be hard for Everton.