Sky Bet Football League thread 2015/16

Lineker

5 hours ago, Baddar said:

Fuck sake, well done @Lineker

FB_IMG_1458476563229.jpg

I saw that yesterday on gossip column and had to get two of my friends to make sure I was reading it right. I thought hang on...Why's the BBC promoting a story about a footballer knocking his sister up. 

Huge weekend starts right now for Rovers, away at bottom club Colchester desperately needing a win. We're on the Super 6 today for Soccer Special, and the B Team featuring Tony Cottee and Neil Mellor have all gone for a Donny win...the fools.

Game over if we can't beat them and Blackpool in the next few days I fear.

The game is up for us I'm afraid. This is the worst we have been since the dreaded 97/98 season where we nearly went bust, got relegated out of the football league and the chairman tried to burn down the stadium.

The club is rotten from top to bottom. Manager is clueless, owners don't care and the players are a set of spineless wasters.

43 minutes ago, Adam said:

The game is up for us I'm afraid. This is the worst we have been since the dreaded 97/98 season where we nearly went bust, got relegated out of the football league and the chairman tried to burn down the stadium.

The club is rotten from top to bottom. Manager is clueless, owners don't care and the players are a set of spineless wasters.

Keep the faith! Apart from Rochdale and Wigan you have a few games where you could pick up some points.

[the bolded bit] uhh, what?

During the early 1990s, Ken Richardson, who was later described by detectives as "the type that would trample a two-year-old child to pick up a 2p bit"[15] took over as the majority shareholder of the club. He ploughed a lot of money into Doncaster Rovers with one thing on his mind, a new stadium. When he was refused a new stadium by the council he soon lost interest. Richardson hired three men to torch Belle Vue and planned to sell the ground to developers. The attempt put Richardson in jail for four years, ruined Belle Vue and Rovers were edging closer to relegation. In 1998 Rovers dropped out of the league with a −83 goal difference. He withdrew his financial backing and as a result the club was subject to an administration order. The better players left to ease some of the financial burden but unfortunately, the players who were left at Rovers were just not up to the task. The fans blamed Richardson for effectively destroying Rovers and even a funeral was held at Belle Vue on the last game of the 1997/98 season complete with coffin along Carr House Road. Just weeks after Rovers were relegated, Richardson was found guilty of trying to set fire to the Rovers ground, apparently hoping to pay off the clubs debts with the insurance money.

Aye, as Mad Jack has posted, that was what happened. Ironically, after we left for the Keepmoat in 2007 the Old Belle Vue main stand blew up in an explosion after some dimwits tried to steal gas pipes for their lead, not knowing they were still active.

As bad as things are now, they will struggle ever to sink to the levels of true despair and desolation suffered in the late 90s.

As for opportunities to pick up points...none better than today and we just fell to bits. I can't see us mustering up the ability to win another game, it is just dire. The players have no belief or desire to fight, we haven't won since January 2nd.

I'm in two minds about Brighton playing Burnley at this point in the season. Beat them and there's still a chance of winning the championship and 2 automatic spots being back up for grabs is obviously better than 1 but I expect Boro and Hull to win their next games and if that happens + a loss to Burnley, Hull would be only 2 points behind and Boro 2 points ahead and both with a game in hand.

I think I'd rather just play easy games until those pesky games in hand Boro and Hull have, have gone away. :P