UEFA Champions League 2015/16

Lineker

Not if United play an u21 side, no, they won't win it. 

Expect the dreaded Thursday/Sunday fixture conundrum to blight the league form as well.

I suppose that's true, but there are times during a CL campaign that you get Tuesday/Saturday instead, like this week for United. With Europa you're guaranteed the Thursday game.

It sucks though that other countries do their best to alter domestic fixtures during the latter stages of the CL/Europa. I remember last year Real had a few games brought forward to a Friday night ahead of the CL week, as opposed to a late Saturday or Sunday match. I imagine here, a lot is to do with the TV rights and some games are put in place months in advance and probably can't be altered. Would still be nice though considering the third guaranteed spot will probably go to Italy soon. I think I read that the PL were in danger of losing a 4th spot, period. Really hope that isn't the case.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

I suppose that's true, but there are times during a CL campaign that you get Tuesday/Saturday instead, like this week for United. With Europa you're guaranteed the Thursday game.

It sucks though that other countries do their best to alter domestic fixtures during the latter stages of the CL/Europa. I remember last year Real had a few games brought forward to a Friday night ahead of the CL week, as opposed to a late Saturday or Sunday match. I imagine here, a lot is to do with the TV rights and some games are put in place months in advance and probably can't be altered. Would still be nice though considering the third guaranteed spot will probably go to Italy soon. I think I read that the PL were in danger of losing a 4th spot, period. Really hope that isn't the case.

Unfortunately it is the case. 'Best league in the world.'

Quietly optimistic. We should win fairly easily cos Olympiakos aren't a great team but Arsenal like making it hard for themselves. Please just don't injure Ozil and ill be happy.

• Like 1

• Admin

Valencia: Doménech, Cancelo, Mustafi, Abdennour, Gayà, Danilo, Parejo, Pérez, Santi Mina, Alcácer, de Paul.
Subs: Ryan, Santos, Negredo, Piatti, Fuego, Tropi, Gil.

Lyon: Lopes, Rafael, Morel, Yanga-Mbiwa, Bedimo, Darder, Gonalons, Tolisso, Cornet, Lacazette, Grenier.
Subs: Gorgelin, Koné, Bisevac, Beauvue, Ghezzal, Malbranque, Mvuemba.

I was wondering, is Gary Neville the first manager to make their managerial debut in a Champions League game?