UEFA Champions League 2017/18

Lineker

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Mate, you are clearly emotional at the moment, perhaps step away for the night?

I am, I'm devastated as anyone would be. I'm a heart on my sleeve type of person  and i am an emotional person. I'm the first to admit that and I'm not perfect. 

But it's still hypocritical that people are allowed to make comments about where I am from and suggest I'm stupid and try to bait a reaction yet I'm the one getting called out on the way I'm reacting. 

I don't think we are the best team in the world far from it. There's so much that needs improving but we got here on merit and I don't think we deserved to win but that result was totally avoidable from individual mistakes. 

1 minute ago, Lineker said:

If Spurs ever got to the final like this and bottled it (which we always seem to manage to do), I'd be stunned if anything but having the piss ripped out of me happened. 

It's not the piss taking. It's the being called stupid cause of where I'm from. Then the baiting. That's what has wound me up

My general feeling towards football is that it's great to win. I'd like to see Liverpool win a trophy again and not just be beautiful losers. But shit happens.  I don't really ever go in for the tit-for-tat razzing of over clubs or whatever.  I don't even watch other teams. Wouldn't watch tonight if Liverpool weren't in it. Won't watch the World Cup.

Liverpool are going places under Klopp. I am convinced of that. He'll win something with this club before too long.

Just now, DMo Salah said:

I am, I'm devastated as anyone would be. I'm a heart on my sleeve type of person  and i am an emotional person. I'm the first to admit that and I'm not perfect. 

But it's still hypocritical that people are allowed to make comments about where I am from and suggest I'm stupid and try to bait a reaction yet I'm the one getting called out on the way I'm reacting. 

I don't think we are the best team in the world far from it. There's so much that needs improving but we got here on merit and I don't think we deserved to win but that result was totally avoidable from individual mistakes. 

I get that you are emotional, I know what it's like to lose big finals for your club, but as Lineker points out, there will be 

But when you first called me "a prick" before I even got close to "baiting" you and then I make a joke regarding Liverpool fans believing they are the best club in the world was clearly a joke, I put the emoji there to show it. I clearly do not think that you are uneducated, and never said that of you or anyone from Liverpool, and do not think all Liverpool fans think they are the best club in the world. Don't act like the insult you threw at me was anything other than unprovoked.

Liverpool didn't look like they were going to win here, the whole Real Madrid performance was set up to stifle Liverpool and they did exactly that, Real Madrid neutralised the game and then won it when they took their chances.

32 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

By fluke I mean a goal you would never expect to score or expect to see again.

There is no way that first goal of his, which was bonkers was expected to go in. But fair fucks it did.

The other two are flukes because in a blue moon they don't happen and they happened. Pretty much the definition of fluke.

But whatever

The second goal was skill. To dub it a fluke is ridiculous. I get what you mean, but it basically means your are pretty much misusing the word 'fluke'. 

• Like 3

I can't help but feel bad for Karius, who is still - let's not forget - just 24. In terms of a goalkeeper he's possibly a decade off of his peak and I think he will be a very good goalkeeper one day. He's had a good season as well - I saw a stat somewhere that the two mistakes he made today are more than in the total of his last 32 games, which is a very good record.

I think Liverpool will buy a new keeper in the summer, but I'd be kinda sad to see Karius get sold off of the back of this game.

In terms of Liverpool's overall performance, it wasn't bad, but they had that spell at the beginning of the game where they were all over Real. In that situation you have to score, especially at this level. It doesn't feel like they learn anything from the Sevilla final in terms of taking their chances, but I appreciate they were up against Keylor Navas who is a modern day Barthez - a fantastic goalkeeper who doesn't get the credit he deserves sometimes. DDG is the best in the world but beyond having a galactico signing in goal, I've no idea why Real would want to replace Navas.

32 minutes ago, Rich said:

I get that you are emotional, I know what it's like to lose big finals for your club, but as Lineker points out, there will be 

But when you first called me "a prick" before I even got close to "baiting" you and then I make a joke regarding Liverpool fans believing they are the best club in the world was clearly a joke, I put the emoji there to show it. I clearly do not think that you are uneducated, and never said that of you or anyone from Liverpool, and do not think all Liverpool fans think they are the best club in the world. Don't act like the insult you threw at me was anything other than unprovoked.

Liverpool didn't look like they were going to win here, the whole Real Madrid performance was set up to stifle Liverpool and they did exactly that, Real Madrid neutralised the game and then won it when they took their chances.

I will admit it was out of order for me to call you a prick and I whole heartedly apologise as I don't think you are and i'd like to think you know I actually dont think you are. Again I'm sorry. 

I'll also admit again my emotions are heightened because of how invested I am . Just in football in general because of personal reasons with my dad and that. No excuse but my emotions were raw and again I apologise for calling you a prick. 

But I don't appreciate people implying things about me because of where I'm from or who I may support for anything. I've had it all my life. I've been called a murderer cause of Hillsborough and all sorts of horrible things. And people  baited into response I just don't agree with. Whether I feel it's against me or against anyone else. 

I don't wanna fall out with anyone as I like everyone on here so I wanna just leave it at that and it's water under the bridge. 

I'm proud of the team for getting to where they did. I'm gutted for Karius as a human being. He had a good game bar the mistakes but they are such horrible mistakes. No matter what level. 

I felt like we had to be nearer to 100% our best to win then Madrid did. We held our own and I'm proud of them all. But I'd be lying if I said I'm not gutted as I am. I don't think they were vastly superior or much better. But... experience at this stage is a massive thing and losing Mo was a big blow. On a personal note I've seen us get to 3 finals and win one. But it fucking hurts right now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1