FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

[Viking Clap Intensifies]

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

So the team that play in red are playing in white, and the team that play in yellow are playing in blue.

Is this one of those "red and yellow are too much alike" things that make so annoyed?

Yeah, Brazil's yellow will clash with both the red and white kits of Costa Rica in terms of being similar or light shades, so Brazil's darker blue kit against Costa Rica's light, white kit is the most sensible.

FIFA/UEFA are just overly picky about this. They made Spain commission a white 3rd kit on short notice in 2014 because dark navy clashed with orange apparently. Spain became the first team ever to wear a completely different kit in each of their 3 group games.

France's away kit had to remove the lightly coloured sleeves at EURO 2016. They also made Russia change their socks after their first game because there were too many colours on them.

They've become weirdly picky about colours 

I've not particularly thought of this one on paper as being particularly troublesome to watch from the perspective of my colourblindness but anything that makes it easier is a good thing in my book. There are usually about a dozen games on during the course of the league season that end up unwatchable due to unforseen kit clashes so any concession made to make it easier visually I'm happy with. Even if I'm of the "it's to flog the alternative kits just in case we don't use them" opinion at least it makes it an easy game to watch for me.

I'm sure there's an element of that but, they've literally made teams produce jerseys that would never go on sale because of their rules. France's away kit that was sold in 2016 was never worn, they wore a special one that didn't go on sale. Spain's 3rd kit never went on sale either

Image result for france switzerland euro 2016Image result for france euro 2016 away jersey

Can't have more than one sleeve colour apparently!

I have no idea how Nigeria's made it through!

I really can't stand the way this commentator gets all giddy whenever Neymar gets the ball.

And that is a fucking dive. Cheating twat.

Brilliant decision after the review, but Neymar should be getting booked and then sent off for that petulance afterward.