FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

Granit Xhaka became the first player with a surname beginning with X to score at the World Cup.

Whilst Xherdan Shaqiri became only the second player with a first name beginning with X to score at the World Cup.

Fantastic trivia for you there. You’re all welcome.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, entiel said:

That was fun to watch. Probably the second most entertaining match this world cup so far (after Spain - Portugal)

Spain vs Portugal was by far the best match.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Switzerland have this charm about them, really pulling for them to make a deep run.

That suplexing the opposition's attackers charm.

2 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Granit Xhaka became the first player with a surname beginning with X to score at the World Cup.

Whilst Xherdan Shaqiri became only the second player with a first name beginning with X to score at the World Cup.

Fantastic trivia for you there. You’re all welcome.

Shaqiri had ready scored at the World Cup and did so in style.

He scored a hat-trick against Hondouras in 2014 and made history with the first and only left-footed hat-trick in World Cup history!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

The last time I saw a penalty that badly taken was with a 12 year old taking it against a guy in a mascot suit. And that was still a better penalty attempt.

In all seriousness, Sigurdsson's penalty wasn't even the worst one of the tournament. Cueva for Peru, his spot kick is in orbit as we speak I believe.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Malenko said:

Not very mature.

I dunno, looks ready to eat to me, but if you want to let it ripen a bit more thats okay too.

11 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

That suplexing the opposition's attackers charm.

Indeed. I've been away two days and I'm just catching up on the highlights, but that's pretty much how Premier League refs were allowing defenders to treat Mitrovic two seasons ago without punishment, the fact that VAR has again missed the most blatant foul you'll ever see is beyond me. 

1 hour ago, Malenko said:

While representing stereotypically neutral Switzerland, though.

It also exists in the eyes of Serbia and Russia.  :shifty:

That first Ahmed Musa goal yesterday was proper quality. Perfect counter attack, outrageous first touch and belter of a half volley. 

World Cup has been so good so far, nothing really comes close to it. Gonna be a long 4 years when it's over!

• Like 3