FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

I think I'm gonna put a couple quid on Lukaku top scorer, Son to score goal of the tournament and some other random long shots. 

Lamela to get detained for smuggling coke 2/1.

On 02/06/2018 at 07:45, Baddar said:

Anyone placed their bets yet? 

I've done;

£5 on France 6/1

£5 on Argentina 10/1

£2 on 6 group winners 9/1

£2 on no own goals in the tournament 25/1

£1 Suarez top scorer 20/1

De Bruyne, Messi, Muller, Mane and Ronaldo to score 2+ goals in the tournament - 40/1

Spain to win the tournament, Griezmann top scorer and England to be knocked out in the quarter final - 400/1

Spain to win the tournament, Salah top scorer and Egypt to reach the quarter finals - 2000/1

At least one goal scored in every match in the tournament - 80/1

Spain to win the tournament and Panama to score the least goals - 66/1

Sadio Mane top scorer - 66/1

First set of fixtures - Egypt 1-1 Uruguay, Morocco 2-0 Iran, Portugal 1-1 Spain and Russia 2-0 Saudi - 1457/1

To qualify from the group - France, Portugal, Uruguay, Croatia, Mexico, England, Senegal, Switzerland - 27/1

Opening Round - Egypt/Uruguay Draw, Morocco, Portugal/Spain Draw, France, Argentina, Peru/Denmark Draw, Croatia, Costa Rica, Germany, Brazil, Sweden/SK Draw, Belgium, England, Senegal and Colombia - 57905/1 (returns over 11 grand off of 20p)

That's it so far. I'll probably do a decent amount on one or two teams to win the tournament and Lukaku top scorer closer to the tournament. Some of the above are outsiders but it's the world cup, you never know. Hadn't even realised I'd backed Spain in so many (did these about a month back). I'll do a couple of more serious safe bets before the tournament starts.

Leroy Sane, he of 15 league assists this season, has been cut from the Germany squad.

It shouldn't be that surprising. He was terrible for Germany against Austria recently and in 12 caps he's contributed zero goals and just a sole assist for the national side. For a team with so much depth, his performances at international level have been nowhere near good enough.

Imagine having players that you can not include in your world cup squad like Sane, Naingollen, Lacazette etc...

Whereas we struggle to decide whether Loftus-Cheek or Livermore should go the World Cup...<_<

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DMo Salah said:

Imagine having players that you can not include in your world cup squad like Sane, Naingollen, Lacazette etc...

Whereas we struggle to decide whether Loftus-Cheek or Livermore should go the World Cup...<_<

Jonjo Shelvey is our Sane. 

🤣

52 minutes ago, The Gazz said:

Iceland obviously.

48 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Yeah, I was thinking them and Costa Rica, actually.

Flashbacks intensify

• Haha 1

I mean, he could support Poland on the basis that it's almost inevitable that they will knock England out in the second round. Myke might even mail him over some pickled cabbage to welcome him into the brotherhood.

• Like 1