FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

49 minutes ago, MDK said:

Anybody set up a fantasy football league for the World Cup?

The official one isn't open yet which is mental, and the other one I know of is the Sun so fuck that.

I've had it in my head for six months that the opening game of the World Cup was at 7pm BST next Friday. It's actually 4pm BST on Thursday. Meaning I will seriously have to go into work tomorrow and ask if I can start and finish work early next Thursday so I can watch Russia vs Saudi Arabia.  :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Tbf I've only recently realised. I could've sworn the first game is always a Friday

Let's check.....

2014 was a Thursday.

2002-2010 started on Friday.

1998 started on Wednesday for some reason.

Think I forgot about the change in 2014 as it started 7/8pm. So much for ordering a pizza in for kick-off this time - I might be too busy telling one of my tenants to go fuck themselves instead or something.

11 hours ago, Lineker said:

@GA! I'll refer you to the big list of fixtures + times in the first post in this very thread :P 

On 01/12/2017 at 06:00, Lineker said:

14 June: Russia v Saudi Arabia (Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow, 7.45pm, Group A)

I think you'll find the Kick Off is 4pm @Lineker. At least, according to the BBC :P 

image.png