FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

8 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

I forget sometimes how good Hazard is

He's better than Neymar for a start. Massively overrated.

• Like 2

You know for all the talk about how all the top sides are out, it’s also the first time there’s VAR and I’d like to point that a lot of said top sides are a full of conniving cheating bastards that are perhaps losing out because of VAR. Like, is Italy ever going to win a World Cup again? :shifty:  

• Like 2

I think I'll be happy with any possible outcome for this World Cup, now. I would clearly prefer either Croatia or Belgium to take it, but I think the only team that would leave a poor taste in my mouth if they won would be Russia.

• Like 3

Just now, Bobfoc said:

Well, they're the only country outside Europe to ever win it on European soil. 

Unless England win because Brexit means Brexit

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

Belgium/France is like a Champions League Final, whereas the other semi-final will be like a Europa League Final.

It's fine, because then they have to face off in the most important trophy in club football, the European Super Cup. 

Definite penalty missed for Brazil there though, first time I saw it I thought the ball was out before the contact but it's nowhere near. Nailed on penalty.