FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

Just now, Arjen Robben said:

Constantly baffled at how Sterling got like 20 goals last season. Looks like his brain just completely shuts down the moment he finds himself in front of goal.

He's got the England 'yips'. He just overthinks everything and plays safe when he's in the channels.

1 minute ago, Arjen Robben said:

Constantly baffled at how Sterling got like 20 goals last season. Looks like his brain just completely shuts down the moment he finds himself in front of goal.

I can't say I watched many Man City games last season, but I'm going to assume that playing in a team with the likes of KDB offers a slight advantage.

2 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

10 chances per game. 

Just now, Rich said:

I don't appreciate droning music.

But why mention that now? Nobody else brought up bagpipes. Nobody was playing bagpipes It’s completely irrelevant, unless you’re aiming to be xenophobic.

Can’t you just enjoy your team winning a game without feeling the urge to be unpleasant to others?

• Like 1

Sterling's finishing has always been very inconsistent going back to when he was playing for us.

1 minute ago, metalman said:

But why mention that now? Nobody else brought up bagpipes. Nobody was playing bagpipes It’s completely irrelevant, unless you’re aiming to be xenophobic.

Can’t you just enjoy your team winning a game without feeling the urge to be unpleasant to others?

Because you mentioned the droning brass band, which reminds me of bagpipes, so nothing xenophobic.  Show me where I am being unpleasant or xenophobic please, because I am not and you are accusing me of things I am not doing. I am not really enjoying this game right now, so I can't comment on your question.

Can you resist the urge to come in and find something to complain about every time England are playing?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It'd be a more believable comparison if they sounded anything at all like bagpipes.

Brilliant save.

And that's two!

• Like 1