FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

1 minute ago, DMarryMaguire said:

They should just give all the awards to Henderson. 

Unlucky Dejan. You may not have won the Champions League or World Cup but you're still the best defender in the world...

Legitimately the fourth best Croatian defender today, at any rate.

Just now, Arjen Robben said:

Not sure why I find it funny that the lads on BBC are all wearing suits, like they're involved in it all or something. Reminds me of a while ago reading something where some bloke dressed up in a suit for an FA Cup Final on FM.

13713_d896d200-9443-11e4-a9b3-755ac42760

1 minute ago, Arjen Robben said:

Not sure why I find it funny that the lads on BBC are all wearing suits, like they're involved in it all or something. Reminds me of a while ago reading something where some bloke dressed up in a suit for an FA Cup Final on FM.

Hardly the same thing, that. They are involved in it, it's about being professional as presenters. When you get into presenting then this is the kind of thing that is the pinnacle of it. Obviously Lineker is a bit different to career broadcasters but you know, it is important.

They showed that highlight of the 1998 final before the game and in that, all the pundits and Des Lynam had suits on. Horrid grey suits, but suits nonetheless.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

And I won it 3-0.

• Like 1

These award ceremonies are a bit awkward when you have some recipients there and some not (Courtois, Kane).

Although not as awkward as if they'd flown Harry Kane in, Mbappe scored a hat-trick and they'd have to be like "nah, sorry mate" and sent Harry away again.

I would have laughed. :shifty: 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Didn't say it was the same thing tbf, said it reminded me of it. <_<

That's fair enough. I still don't think they should be pointed out for wearing suits though, it's how they should dress for an occasion such as this.

2 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Who have been the standout left backs in this tournament? Doing this dream team thing on the FIFA site I can't even think of any.

I stuck Trippier out there. Of the four semi-finalists, two don't play with an actual left back (Young and Chadli) and the other two have been functional if unspectacular (Hernandez and Strinic).

Don't mean to start anything so feel free to ignore me and sorry if it was already brought up but are you English folk happy the team that beat you lost or would you have rather lost to the winner? I always go back and forth on it. Like when the Cubs get knocked out of the playoffs I'll get bitter and hope that team gets killed but then it sometimes makes me feel better we lost to the best team.

But like I said ignore this if you want was just curious how you guys felt

1 minute ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Don't mean to start anything so feel free to ignore me and sorry if it was already brought up but are you English folk happy the team that beat you lost or would you have rather lost to the winner? I always go back and forth on it. Like when the Cubs get knocked out of the playoffs I'll get bitter and hope that team gets killed but then it sometimes makes me feel better we lost to the best team.

But like I said ignore this if you want was just curious how you guys felt

I think I would've liked Croatia to win for two reasons: it would've kept France level with us and it would've been a new winner. Aside from that, I didn't really mind who won. Pleased for Pogba and glad he scored, but aside from that, didn't really care.