FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

Absolutely shit the bed there. In one moment, they've gone from playing keep ball for twenty minutes to now having Croatia coming at them for twenty minutes. Eejit.

Just now, Bobfoc said:

Is this the first time someone's scored both a goal and own goal in a World Cup Final?

It was the first ever own goal, so yes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Not sure if he's carrying an injury or anything, but the Croatian goalkeeper is utter garbage. The fact he barely attempts a dive says to me that he may be injured, if that is the case, surely you have to play one of your other goalkeepers?

Hahahahaha. Spurs man trying to bottle it.

In his DNA.

I'm sure Subasic injured himself in the game against Russia but they decided to keep him on. He's not been anywhere near decent since.

1 minute ago, Colombaddar said:

Do they have a team of the tournament afterwards? Pickford has to be in with a chance of getting the GK spot. Courtois has been good too.

There should be. England haven't had a representative since 2006, but I think they could have one or two this time.

2 minutes ago, Colombaddar said:

Do they have a team of the tournament afterwards? Pickford has to be in with a chance of getting the GK spot. Courtois has been good too.

Yes there should be. After seeing this game, Courtois should get it for me. England's only entrant should be Trippier.

Just now, PanamAdam said:

Yes there should be. After seeing this game, Courtois should get it for me. England's only entrant should be Trippier.

Henderson in with a shout

1 minute ago, PolaMDK said:

Henderson in with a shout

If it wasn't such a competitive position I'd agree. There's a few that'll get in ahead of Hendo, not to take anything away from how good he's been. Same for Pickford really, and Maguire.

1 minute ago, Arjen Robben said:

I'd say Trippier should definitely be in at right back in a team of the tournament, but they'll probably give it to Pavard won't they.

Pavard, Meunier or Vrsalkjo too. RB is a really strong position this tournament.

I'd go

• GK: Courtois
  • DR: Meunier
  • DC: Varane
  • DC: Vida
  • DL: Strinic
  • MC: Kante
  • MC: Pogba
  • MC: Modric
  • ST: Griezmann
  • ST: Kane
  • ST: Mbappe

They should just give all the awards to Henderson. 

Unlucky Dejan. You may not have won the Champions League or World Cup but you're still the best defender in the world...

Taking Kante off when they were being beaten 2-1?

Have you been on the Ross Kemp sauce Alan?