David Beckham's MLS 2020

Szumi

Yeah, everyone needs to go see the Glesnes FK. My goodness that was a beauty.

It's annoying we conceded within a minute of taking the lead twice, but that was still an AMAZING performance. Blake made amends for that mistake on the 3rd by saving at the death when Rodriguez got through on goal. Santos was so much better with his runs and pressing, and had a great hit himself for the opener. Martinez looked REALLY good in the 6.

We lose McKenzie and Aaronson to the Olympic Qualifying, but Elliott is ready to step back in for him. The midfield is going to be interesting to see who slots in at the 10 because Skillsinho ain't able to start. I think he would die if he had to play 60 minutes anymore 😂

Last night's game might have been the best game I've ever watched not-live in MLS history.

Male footballers should earn more than women... according to US football authorities: The US women's football team is less skilled and has fewer responsibilities than their male colleagues, according to US Soccer.

I know this isn't strictly speaking MLS related but it sort of is, and certainly merits discussion. Plain, unabashed sexist discrimination here from US Soccer, quite something really. Even worse when you consider the fact the USWNT sold more tickets than their male counterparts over the last few years, and are obviously far more decorated and far bigger stars.

If @Lineker prefers/allows, I'll create a Women's Football thread (couldn't find one going back a few pages) to discuss it in, but what are people's thoughts on this whole thing?

15 hours ago, Lineker said:

Go for it; you don't need to ask permission!

Everyone else does!

On 08/03/2020 at 18:43, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

You can cheer for Miami @9 to 5. It’s their first year and they’re run by your country-mate David Beckham!

You know what? I will. Love Beckham and it will be interesting following a newly born team.

• Like 4

On 08/03/2020 at 14:43, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

You can cheer for Miami @9 to 5. It’s their first year and they’re run by your country-mate David Beckham!

David Beckham is the Antichrist.

8 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Beckham is a legend and deserves our respect.

Fuck David Beckham, I hope his team fails, I hope he loses damages in the Inter Milan lawsuit, may his name one day become the gravest of insults.

Just now, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

Beckham bang your mom or suttin?

He destroyed our pitch and built a cheap fascimile on top of it, and salted the earth of all local futbol to get it, in a land deal crooked even by Florida standards.

I will never enjoy the sport the same away again, because of David Beckham.

• Haha 1

Let me put it this way @Lineker imagine someone bought the rights to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for a pound a year for fifty years (despite there being competing, actual bids with concrete plans laid out in painstaking detail and having the support of locals), then immediately bulldozed it and replaced it with a stadium so cheaply made that Lyle Langley would be embarrassed, and turned into the "temporary" home of Inter Manchester.

You'd be right pissed, right?

Well, that's basically the equivalent of what Beckham did.

EDIT- And before you say it, yes I know Tottenham is in London and a long way from Manchester, that's the point

• Like 1