Football League Thread 14/15

METALMAN

Can't really argue with either of those dismissals. Both poor appointments in the first place, Ole Solskjaer just wasn't the right fit for Cardiff I don't think.

Going to my first Rovers game since moving 100 miles away (again) tomorrow. Might be a waste of time, we haven't won a home game yet this season.

• Admin
A Thai consortium has successfully completed a takeover of Reading, the Championship club have confirmed. The partnership with the group, led by businesswoman Khunying Sasima Srivikorn, was first announced in July. She will now become co-chairman with Sir John Madejski, who has been with the Berkshire club since 1990. Previous majority shareholder Anton Zingarevich left the club's board in June, but Madejski had been looking for new investment since last year. The amount of money involved in the takeover has not yet been disclosed. But, under the agreement, Sasima and Khun Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth have each bought 25% of the club. The other 50% of the shareholding in the club has been bought by Khun Narin Niruttinanon.

The Dog Botherers seem to have gone quiet on Facebook. Can't believe how different a side we look when we don't have a guy from the pub as head coach. I know Huddersfield are shit but we still look on course for 10 points from our last 4 games which I'd have definitely taken after the Bradford debacle.

I wonder how long before we retire the "Posh spice is a slapper" chant, Beckham hasn't played for that lot for more than a decade and he's been retired for what 2 years? 3 years?

Although to be fair getting Antelucci or whatever his name is into a chant can't be easy <_<

I just thought it odd that they were talking about him being one game from the sack and then they're rejecting approaches. Might as well get paid to get rid of him than pay him off.

• Admin
The return of artificial pitches to the Football League has been backed by club chairmen in League One and Two. At a meeting on Thursday they gave a strong indication they would vote in favour of permitting 3G ("third generation") surfaces from next season. They will take a formal vote in November. Artificial surfaces were banned from English professional football in 1995 over issues with ball roll and bounce and fears over long-term injuries.