PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics

Lineker

11 hours ago, Pooker said:

Other countries coverage doesn't follow their athletes for the most part? I feel like American coverage does a pretty good job of covering as much as possible, with a heavy focus on American athletes. But, I have nothing to compare our coverage on.

We get pretty much everything, to the extent that for the Summers we get an extra 8-10 BBC channels so we can watch Kazakhstan v East Timor in the field hockey. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, million$$man said:

I think I have found something more confusing than determining what a catch is in the NFL.... What the red, yellow, and red boxes constitute in this team figure skating competition 

Required elements (jumps, spins etc.) that must be incorporated into the routine. Green means it was performed correctly, yellow means it could have been done better, red means it was failed or missed.

10 hours ago, Gazz said:

Required elements (jumps, spins etc.) that must be incorporated into the routine. Green means it was performed correctly, yellow means it could have been done better, red means it was failed or missed.

I think yellow means its under review, so it can be either green or red.

10 hours ago, Colly said:

We get pretty much everything, to the extent that for the Summers we get an extra 8-10 BBC channels so we can watch Kazakhstan v East Timor in the field hockey. 

That's awesome. I'm moving to England in two years.

If more athletes from Russia run their mouths about the Russian ban, like the one who got the bronze in speedskating, then I'm all for stripping medals and banning Russian athletes from the Olympics for at least 20 years. And this asshole isn't clean. He tested positive for a banned substance in 2016, but was cleared because he might have taken it before it was banned.

(Why 20 years? Because by then most or all of the current Russian athletes will be too old to compete.)

4 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

If more athletes from Russia run their mouths about the Russian ban, like the one who got the bronze in speedskating, then I'm all for stripping medals and banning Russian athletes from the Olympics for at least 20 years. And this asshole isn't clean. He tested positive for a banned substance in 2016, but was cleared because he might have taken it before it was banned.

(Why 20 years? Because by then most or all of the current Russian athletes will be too old to compete.)

By that Logic companies could make PED's and add some not medical ingredient and its a new substance andbam unbabnned substance

10 hours ago, jmac7164 said:

By that Logic companies could make PED's and add some not medical ingredient and its a new substance andbam unbabnned substance

No, they couldn't. It would still contain the banned substance.