Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

That was literally the most Everton thing ever. 

Cheers for the 3 points! Didn't deserve it. I suppose it is nearly Christmas after all. 

• Like 2

A Tottenham supporter has been arrested for throwing a banana skin at Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after he scored the first goal. 

Ban the prick for life, and give him a jail sentence along with some community service and/or education on how to be a human being.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

I have nothing to say about what I witnessed this afternoon.

What I will say in a non-laughing at Everton way is that was the most positive Everton performance at Anfield in a long time. Had genuine chances and were playing well in the first half. 

Everton under Silva compared to Everton under the likes of Martinez, Koeman, Big Sam etc in terms of an away game at Anfield it was night/day. City showed more respect and were cautious at Anfield whereas Everton genuinely thought "fuck that, we can get at these." 

If that was Mignolet or Karius, the header from Gomes would have went in. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

A Tottenham supporter has been arrested for throwing a banana skin at Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after he scored the first goal. 

Ban the prick for life, and give him a jail sentence along with some community service and/or education on how to be a human being.

I was surprised that Sky didn't mention the number of drinks cups and things being thrown on when that big fracas was going on after the Dier goal. That's an immediate ban too. 

Finally seen that Liverpool goal, think people are being incredibly harsh on Pickford, and listening to Shearer and Wright's analysis is fucking terrible. Complete fluke, and well played Origi to gamble on coming forward when none of the Everton defenders bothered. 

With how things operate, I expect Pardew or Big Sam to get the job, and Hughes to end up managing another relegation threatened team before the season is over

Hughes' overall win percentage is 34%. His highest is 40% from City, where he got sacked. He had a good one year at Fulham, and did pretty well at Stoke they're for a few years. But he was sacked by QPR, Stoke, and Soto - half of his clubs managed - with the side in a relegation battle. He should be finished, but I doubt he will be

Edited by It's Pronounced Zoom-E

He's got that 'Premier League experience' that every boring board of directors fall back on when making an appointment. Looking at the bottom of table, most of the managers down there seem relatively safe, for example I can't see Huddersfield or Cardiff sacking their managers regardless of how results go. He'll probably end up at Burnley if they sack Dyche or Newcastle if Rafa leaves at the end of the season and there's no takeover in the mean time.