Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

26 minutes ago, Colly said:

Sky apologising for bad language in our game. Didn't pick it up but I'd imagine they're discovering what happens when Matt Ritchie plays in an empty stadium.

There was one incident where he called the assistant referee a 'wee dick'.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Must've learned it at home as he'd never been to Scotland before getting called up to play for them.

It happens! I know people who sayings and glimpses of an accent from areas they've never lived in that they inherited from being around their parents. 

I'd imagine that's how Ritchie started calling people "wee dicks"!

• Like 1

The BBC website is letting readers pick their all-time Liverpool XI. Any suggestions from the Liverpool fans here?

3 minutes ago, TCO said:

It happens! I know people who sayings and glimpses of an accent from areas they've never lived in that they inherited from being around their parents. 

About a year ago, I was teaching a primary school class whose pupils would pronounce certain items of vocabulary, particularly grammatical terminology, in Northern Irish accents. Their old teacher was Northern Irish, and the vast majority of the children spoke English as an additional language, so it was really interesting to hear it sprinkled into their speech.

1 hour ago, TCO said:

I grew up in Teesside and moved to Newcastle for uni, but because most of my mates were from various bits of Yorkshire my accent went south for a bit. Was well odd.

When I came back from Australia I had my usual Adrian Chiles Black Country mixed in with the Australian quirk where they emphasise the end of every sentence so everything you say sounds like its a question. I had also started subconciously speaking at half-speed so I didn't have to keep repeating myself.

David Moyes coming out with some right rubbish today. Apparently the only difference between him and Ole is that Ole has been given more time.

Pretty sure Ole, when presented with the choice of Thiago, Toni Kroos and Fellaini, wouldn't have gone with elbows.

• Haha 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, Gazz said:

When I came back from Australia I had my usual Adrian Chiles Black Country mixed in with the Australian quirk where they emphasise the end of every sentence so everything you say sounds like its a question. I had also started subconciously speaking at half-speed so I didn't have to keep repeating myself.

Nightmare fuel.

Meanwhile, Man City are dicking Watford - again.

Man City just eliminated Watford's superior goal difference over Villa and Bournemouth completely too. They're all on -27 now, Bournemouth and Villa 3 points behind.

Villa have a game in hand to come tonight too.

A tight loss would have even been an OK result tonight but not a hammering.

Villa's last game is against West Ham so they might be able to grab a win. All they need to do is get a better result against Arsenal tonight than Watford do next Sunday.