Sky Bet EFL 2019/20

Adam

17 hours ago, Lineker said:

Advantage Fulham, and Scott Parker's immaculate hair.

Twas a cracking goal by Fulham

I hope its Brentford that goes up just to see a new side I haven't seen in the Prem before. I always prefer or teams that have been out of the top flight for a long time.

Id have preferred West Brom not to have come up and Brentford and Fulham both coming up. 

Fulham play some entertaining football but I would like a new team like Brentford in the Prem. It's just shit on them if they get promoted that obviously ATM grounds are shut. 

9 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Id have preferred West Brom not to have come up and Brentford and Fulham both coming up. 

Fulham play some entertaining football but I would like a new team like Brentford in the Prem. It's just shit on them if they get promoted that obviously ATM grounds are shut. 

Same. West Brom faltered badly at the end, and it's a shame Brentford had to achieve a 8-match winning streak (and all the pressure that comes with it) to even catch them up before the final two games. And I'm just sick of West Brom - put them and Norwich in their own special little league so they don't bother anyone again.

West Brom could well be a bit different under Bilic in the PL next season.

But it also wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him sacked by Christmas after a poor start, before appointing one of the usual managers employed to try and get a club out of relegation trouble. 

4 hours ago, Baddar said:

Cardiff did better than I was expecting in that 2nd leg. It's clear that if they did come up though, their defence just wouldn't have coped in the PL.

It was a weird one. I think having the two goal advantage - while obviously being the thing that gave us the win - made us more nervy in a manner we weren't the previous game. Though Cardiff gave us a good run for our money, their goals were ... lucky might be a bit harsh, but they weren't from being outplayed by them. First goal, you have the foul throw before and the potential foul on the goalkeeper; second goal, Tomlin is offside on the first ball but luckily has the ball pinball to him from a couple of Fulham players. Rodak made a couple of other good saves, but Smithies was the better keeper on the night - his save from Knockaert in the first half was great; his save from Kamara onto the post was even better in the second half.

I know stats are stats and can be manipulated to meet your needs, but I think we should have had enough in us when you look at shots, possession etc to have beaten them last night. We definitely deserved it over the two games personally, though I would say that.

We aren't great against Brentford, but I always think it is the more physical teams that give us problems, such as your Cardiffs. We shall see.

Considering they are our rivals, I probably shouldn't say this, but I'd have preferred Brentford to go up instead of West Brom as well. I also would understand people wanting them to go up above Fulham. People tend to like us, but it is always interesting to see different teams in the top league and I wonder how they'd cope.

1 hour ago, GA! said:

Same. West Brom faltered badly at the end, and it's a shame Brentford had to achieve a 8-match winning streak (and all the pressure that comes with it) to even catch them up before the final two games. And I'm just sick of West Brom - put them and Norwich in their own special little league so they don't bother anyone again.

It just seems like (most of the time) Norwich are too good for the Championship but nowhere near good enough for the Premier League. The latter comes from inadequate investment in better players whenever they go up. I can't explain why they've managed to get promoted so often, beyond having an above averagely sized and incredibly dedicated fan base on account of being the only league team in Norfolk (for now, come on King's Lynn). They weren't even favourites to go up last year, let alone win the league, and then barely changed that squad despite the massive jump in opposition quality. It's no wonder they've gone straight back down and I'm not surprised that they've lost every game since crowds stopped being a thing.

There's being sensible with money, then there's just throwing away any chance of making more money in the long time. I know the risk doesn't pay off at times like with Fulham, Cardiff and Middlesborough. But if you don't invest now, when?

12 hours ago, Lineker said:

Sheffield Wednesday will receive a 12-point deduction in the 2020-21 season for breaching EFL profitability and sustainability rules, the league has announced.

We were stupid and broke the rules and deserve everything we got ..... just fortunate it was next season and not this season as we’d have been relegated ..... I won’t go on a rant about Monk but I worry with him in charge ..... hopefully we can get a couple of youngsters and people in on loan and survive next season as I think Wycombe, Rotherham and Luton will struggle.