Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

9 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Until someone gets injured in a period of play that was never going to count, which we've seen happen.

Injuries happen in training. I fully agree, obvious offsides should be flagged still, but as much as I hate VAR offsides I do like the fact that wrongly ruled out goals on the field don't happen anymore.

8 minutes ago, damshow said:

Or it is. Some brilliant plays getting overturned. Pogba is 100% Man of the Match for his through balls today.

Varane has been excellent in defense as well, today, but yeah, Pogba is my first thought as man if the match as well. 

3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I'll be happy to be proved wrong but I don't see this France side losing a game in this tournament.

I think the Portugal game will be interesting, I missed their game earlier but didn't realise quite how strong their side is.

France were very very effective. Defending well, hard to break down and looked dangerous on the counter. To me it felt like they didn't need to go up a gear. Could honestly see them walking the tournament. 

Feels very much like how they played in the World Cup

• Like 1

Just now, Colly said:

I think the Portugal game will be interesting, I missed their game earlier but didn't realise quite how strong their side is.

Portugal are one of the sides I debated picking as tournament winners. I actually thought of Spain as a better side than them going into this tournament but second guessing that now.

11 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I'll be happy to be proved wrong but I don't see this France side losing a game in this tournament.

I've never seen Germany work so hard to get absolutely nothing.

I normally lean towards the BBC for tournament coverage, but between Clive and Ally, Emma Hayes, Wrighty (why he's not on BBC is beyond me) and that 3 seconds of Jeff Buckley after the ad breaks ITV have been fantastic. Eni Aloku excepted of course.

On thursday during the Denmark - Belgium game, the tenth minute will be dedicated to Christian Eriksen by standing applause around the stadium. So far no rumors of a giant FUCK UEFA banner to be unveiled  

• Haha 1

Arnautovic banned for 1 game