Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

Italy look flipping great. 

12 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

So Ukraine are winning. Pandev just scored with a beautiful finish, but of course it was flagged offside 2 minutes later.

Also, not to labour this one, but it was flagged offside immediately, ref signalled it before Pandev had even got the ball out of the net. Obviously it was checked but the stoppage can't have been longer than 30 seconds. I'm a notable critic of bad VAR but it's been used really well so far.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, damshow said:

It brings me no joy to say this but North Macedonia are not good.

It was always weird that doing well in the bottom division of the Nations League rewarded you with a possible Euro appearance but hey, it gives people something to play for.

23 hours ago, Adam said:

Meanwhile, UEFA have contacted France to ask why on earth Pavard was brought back on after being knocked out in last night's game.

It is Fifpro who have contacted UEFA, not the other way around though

Also dammit. I wanted to write Pandevmonium

Edited by DanishmadePunk

15 minutes ago, Gorka said:

It was always weird that doing well in the bottom division of the Nations League rewarded you with a possible Euro appearance but hey, it gives people something to play for.

Plus, they lack quality but at least they're giving it a go. They've been entertaining in both games so far. Beats being a nation who turn up, try to sit back in all 3 games and see where it takes them. Not that there's been much of that this time, thankfully.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, damshow said:

Our first truly questionable VAR decision of the tournament. Took a week. I'll take it.

What a save!!!

Questionable in terms of what? By the handball laws, that was a penalty all day long.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Plus, they lack quality but at least they're giving it a go. They've been entertaining in both games so far. Beats being a nation who turn up, try to sit back in all 3 games and see where it takes them. Not that there's been much of that this time, thankfully.

I'm honestly surprised with 3 points possibly being enough to go through that there aren't a lot of teams just playing super conservative "9 men in the box" football. 3 draws or a lucky goal on the counter being all it takes, but in both 2016 and this year there's been a lot less of that style of play and a lot more of attempts at putting together something in the attacking third.

49 minutes ago, Colly said:

Also, not to labour this one, but it was flagged offside immediately, ref signalled it before Pandev had even got the ball out of the net. Obviously it was checked but the stoppage can't have been longer than 30 seconds. I'm a notable critic of bad VAR but it's been used really well so far.

Yeah, VAR is not perfect, but it's so refreshing to see how non-EPL referees are much better at utilizing VAR. There's hardly been a bad decision all tournament so far. 

Just now, Liam said:

Questionable in terms of what? By the handball laws, that was a penalty all day long.

Maybe I'm just not grasping the new interpretation but the understanding I had was it has to be extended and not in a natural place but what I saw his arm was just in front of his face, which the ball would've hit instead.