David Beckham's MLS 2020

Szumi

23 minutes ago, Lowerdeck said:

The Rowdies vs. Phoenix championship game has been canceled due to multiple Rowdies members having Covid.

So I don't have to cheer for the Rowdies then? Good.

Hopefully Strikers Iconlegend Darnell "The" King gets out of that toxic squad (or the toxic parts of that squad get cut out) and wins a championship with people who aren't homophobic douchebags.

51 minutes ago, damshow said:

Inter Miami squeaked into the playoffs after their dismal start. Congrats to the Union on winning the Supporters' Shield 

Surely not "worst team in the MLS" Inter Miami!

• Like 2

Wish I could've been there today to see the boys win our first ever trophy, but I'm not driving 3 hours one way to go see the game with COVID happening. 

We're still going to be without Dre for Playoffs though, and he's arguably been our MVP. Hands down the best Keeper in the league this season. I'm hoping we can still make it happen though! This team is so fun to watch

• Like 1

It's really going to be dependent upon energy levels. We have a very thin squad, and guys like Bedoya, Monteiro, Santos, and Aaronson have played a lot of minutes this season. They're going to have to keep that high level, and Martinez will have to keep himself disciplined and on the field. He's legitimately been one of the best 6's in the league this season. What a signing, what a destroyer.

I just love how much we rely on our Academy and development. Aaronson, McKenzie, and Fontana have all been so crucial to our success this season, and all homegrown kids. Plus, Matt Real is another one, and now we're about to rely big time on Matt Freese in goal, another homegrown. Even guys who don't classify as homegrowns, but were either drafted and developed by the Union - Jack Elliot, Andre Blake, our icon/legend Ray Gaddis - or by the Steel/Union 2 - Scorey Burke (so happy he's finally back) and Mbaizo. This is truly a club that has spent little, waited years for success, and we're finally actually winning games and being important. It's a great feeling

• 2 weeks later...

Inter Miami will be without the Higuain brothers and Leandro Gonzalez Pirez for COVID reasons.

also holy shit, what an insane stretch of stoppage time in this Revs/Impact game that's ended with a great goal for the Revs in the last thirty seconds to put them through.

Yeah, that was a great hit by Bou.

I definitely was expecting Miami to win tonight, before COVID just took away their most important player, plus the Higuain brothers. However, Miami are still in with a shout here. They have a lot of MLS hands who can do a job, Pizarro can still create magic, and well, Nashville aren't very good either. They're also the Burnley/Stoke of MLS with how awful Gary Smith's teams play.

Yeah, Nashville isn't a compelling team but Gary Smith's won an MLS Cup this way before (admittedly in an era of MLS where there was way less talent on the field) and, uh, it definitely doesn't look like Miami's gonna be the team to stop him tonight.

Yeah, Miami are playing every bit like the side ORO loves to wank to. They've been a clear second best, didn't come out in the right shape at all, and have had Pizarro and Morgan both in areas where they cannot affect the match at all.

While Leal's goal was better than Bou's (timing of it not counting), I will say the Nashville penalty was incredibly soft and I don't think should've been given. It was very much player purposely going into keeper than keeper to attacker, for me

So I've just turned on midway through a penalty shootout between New York City and Orlando City... The Orlando goalkeeper has been sent off half way through the shootout and all sorts of other confusion. Amazing scenes.

The tiny keeper makes the save and Orlando go through!

Edited by lanky316