David Beckham's MLS 2020

Szumi

Just now, LL. said:

I wasn't talking about coca cola. *eyebrows*

Oh, I see. No, that would be the Tampa Bay Rowdies.

17 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Don't they still manufacture and sell Red Bull Cola in parts of Europe?

I imagine it's used as a dare in those parts, then. Because no sane human being would voluntarily think that shite. I couldn't even finish the one and only can I had of it, and I came in with looooow expectations.

Still easier to swallow than Beckham's stadium proposals. And the aftertaste was only half as noxious!

5 hours ago, Rich said:

Saying spiritually replaced sounds like reaching, trying to replace something which is gone forever, and has been replaced by something bigger, better and led by David Beckham.

Well,Himmarshee FC actually started play before Inter Miami. Also, we're better. And better still, unlike Inter Miami we're NOT led by an underwear model who has no idea what the fuck he's doing and doesn't even care about South Florida.

As far as bigger goes well, our trophy collection is.

5 hours ago, LL. said:

I just want to point how apt it is that Inter Miami beat a team called The Red Bulls. 

Also suffered their worst loss to that same team, so about as symbolic as the random religious shit in Evangelion there lad.

Phoenix are becoming the team everyone hates, aren't they?  Between the gay slur against SD and that blatant handball that helped them beat Sacramento - they've become the bad guys of USL Championship.  They're always in position to make a deep run, but Reno's next for them and Reno led the league in points this year.

Down to the final 8:

Reno vs. Phoenix 

El Paso vs. New Mexico 

Tampa Bay vs. Charleston

Louisville vs. St. Louis in the final Kings Cup match. (STL folds after this season.)

As for Hartford, they lost 1-0 to STL on a 93rd minute goal.  They had one of their best games all year, but the defense collapsed at the very end.

Edited by Lowerdeck

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense what happened in STL.  I mean, I get the whole cost of doing business during Covid issue.  But, there's still at least one more year before the MLS team begins.  And you could probably take the existing USL team and use it as a B side if they wanted.   How bad were they hurting for cash if they're folding now rather than when MLS starts up?  I feel a little bit bad for the STL fans, since they have to go at least a year with no club to support.

And how many other teams will wind up folding due to Covid related financial issues?  Thankfully Hartford had some fans in the stands for home games this year, but a number of cities didn't have any.  That's surely going to hurt, unless the owners have seriously deep pockets and no problems with fielding unprofitable teams.

3 hours ago, Lowerdeck said:

Phoenix are becoming the team everyone hates, aren't they?  Between the gay slur against SD and that blatant handball that helped them beat Sacramento - they've become the bad guys of USL Championship.  They're always in position to make a deep run, but Reno's next for them and Reno led the league in points this year.

I was kind of hoping they'd give Darnell King a championship win because he deserves to have one, but the gay slur incident turned me against them.

Did they ever say which player said the slur in that?

Meanwhile, The Florida Gold Coast league is making preparations to finally get the season started, and in a way that may keep operational costs for clubs down too. Won't be long until Broward County gets to see some quality footy again.

2 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

I was kind of hoping they'd give Darnell King a championship win because he deserves to have one, but the gay slur incident turned me against them.

Did they ever say which player said the slur in that?

Junior Flemmings, who was suspended for six games (that would include all the playoffs this year, and into next season if he plays in USL.  Flemmings also scored the most goals in the league this season, so stupid move on his part.

Hopefully he gets cut. Their coach should be sacked for enabling him too.

A shame that someone as classy and talented with a love of South Florida like Darnell King has to be associated with a toxic brand. They deserve someone who isn't those things, like a David Beckham or summat.

1 hour ago, Lowerdeck said:

Iirc, the coach was suspended too

Suspended's not sacked, though.