NFL 2020

Lineker

I don’t think there’s much question that Rob Calabrese would’ve played better than Hinton simply because he actually knows the offense.  They’d still be getting smoked of course, but it would’ve been more fun to watch.

NFL’s reasoning was that “potential players can’t be stockpiled as coaches” makes it sound like they feared Belichick going out next week and signing a bunch of street free agents to the coaching staff.

You think he wouldn't do that?

7 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

We're actually not in too bad of shape capwise. Are bigger deals are tied to Stafford (which can probably be moved), Flowers (probably stuck), and Decker (he's our LT for years so makes sense). The one thing Quinn has done right is keeping a lot of his contracts on the smaller side in terms of years. Honestly, Flowers is probably the only contract we're screwed on and even he could still be a decent piece to work with. Oh...forgot about Vatai...that's not a good one either. Still, my understanding is we do still have room. 

Credit where its due, Quinn is leaving a pretty solid offensive line to work with which is important if we do decide to get a youngster behind center. 

So yes we are in shambles, but a GM that knows what they're doing can get us on track with what we have. 

I would add Jesse James to the list of bad contracts as well. And then Coleman and Trufant are in the $10 million range. I know we're up against the cap this year but maybe I wasnt factoring in all the expirings.

The NFL cancelled the Ravens practice today. So they will have no practices since before the Tennessee game last week if the game actually does go ahead tomorrow.

The league clearly does not want to cross the forfeit Rubicon so the game will probably happen, it'll be an ugly blowout, and that'll be that. Players get their paychecks, controversy with the union mostly avoided.

They should've gone with the week 18 approach.  You lock Steelers/Ravens in and hope neither team misses another game.  And the week 18 is now set up and any game that's a threat to be cancelled you can just start filling week 18 instead of jumping through hoops forcing teams to play with no practice and half of their roster.

Yes, this means any playoff team that completes their full season in 17 weeks get a free bye and potentially the 1-seed would get two weeks off.  But it's better than putting a guaranteed terrible product out there.

They don't need the week between the title games and the Super Bowl.  The extra week of hype isn't needed.  There won't be any radio row or any of that, you're not going to have every football media personality in the country converging on the Super Bowl this year. 

• Like 1