Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

On 30/03/2021 at 14:09, metalman said:

Sergio Aguero will be to the Danske Bank Premiership what David Beckham was to the MLS. Ten years from now he'll be at the helm of the highly divisive Inter Tralee franchise.

but that's the Northern Irish league. Shamrock Rovers play in the Airtricity Premier Division in the Republic of Ireland.

I am going to assume this is metalman's way of coming out in favor of Irish unity.

• Haha 1

Arsenal were embarrassing. 

Was a shite game, especially the first half and it took a brilliant cross from Trent "somehow not good enough for England lol" Alexander-Arnold and then the flood gates opened. 

Massive 3 points after Chelsea getting beat and going into Madrid in midweek

With regards to the Trent stuff, he's not been great this season and one game doesn't change the fact that there's arguably at least two better right backs - on form - in the England set up at the moment.

Klopp being so shocked by his omission is all spin designed to protect his players, which is entirely reasonable, but it's not like his omission is some massive mistake.

• Like 2

It's sad that professional players seem to really like International football.

Its generally rubbish.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Arsenal were embarrassing. 

Was a shite game, especially the first half and it took a brilliant cross from Trent "somehow not good enough for England lol" Alexander-Arnol and then the flood gates opened. 

Massive 3 points after Chelsea getting beat and going into Madrid in midweek

Genuinely struggling to work out what Artetas project even is anymore. You can't tell me players like Auba, Partey, Odegaard, Pepe etc are shit. On paper it's not a god awful squad but it just...doesn't work somehow. I'm not Arteta out yet but Jesus I have no idea how to fix this.

One of the pundits on MOTD did say ‘with these four attacking players playing, why aren’t they attacking’ and I imagine it’s much the same as Liverpool’s problem, confidence.

The team don’t seem confident in finding the pass, so don’t try. That’s my limited view, anyway. Arsenal are much better than they’re playing, and sadly maybe it is down to the coach, I like Arteta but look at how T2 has gotten Chelsea to play compared to the chancer who was there before.

(Except for yesterday)

3 minutes ago, Colly said:

Bit baffled by this one to be honest.

I find it sad because I don't see the worth in it myself. Players seem often brought up to see it as an aspirational goal.

Personally, I'm not particuarly moved by international football as a concept. In part because of the jingoism it encourages in supporters and the media and in part due to the fact it means elite players wind up playing on an almost constant basis. And also because, generally (for me), it's not as good as watching club football.

21 minutes ago, Hobo said:

I find it sad because I don't see the worth in it myself. Players seem often brought up to see it as an aspirational goal.

Personally, I'm not particuarly moved by international football as a concept. In part because of the jingoism it encourages in supporters and the media and in part due to the fact it means elite players wind up playing on an almost constant basis. And also because, generally (for me), it's not as good as watching club football.

I’ve never been a fan of international football. I like the pageantry of a big international event, but hate all these qualifiers and friendlies. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hobo said:

I can get "I don't like it myself" to an extent, but I think finding it sad that a young footballer wants to make it into his or her national team a bit odd. There's obviously a balance, and as a Newcastle fan I've seen a certain player prioritise England over us, but I'd be worried if TAA didn't want to make it into the squad. I'm far from a flag shagger but the idea of not wanting to play for England in an international tournament feels insane to me.

Big Joe!