Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

Liverpool were awful but also unlucky but also Kyle Walker Peters threw Mane around for most of the second half and got away with it. But also Liverpool were crap.

Very frustrating watching Liverpool atm. Combination of not playing well and not having a bit of luck such as the bounce of the ball at times etc. 

Lack of depth in certain positions is telling. Trent has been off form for a while and yet we don't have a suitable replacement. Neco Williams could be good enough but he isn't atm. Think we miss Jota to have a different option up top as well. 

United game could come at a good time. Form goes out the window and we'll need to up our game. 

Did Pool have no U21s that could have stepped up to play CB? 

49 minutes ago, DFF said:

Did Pool have no U21s that could have stepped up to play CB? 

Rhys Williams and Nat Phillips have played in CB a few times this season. Can only assume the choice to pay neither of them was because they've played a lot more games than they're capable of at this level.

17 minutes ago, Liam said:

As much as I was happy to see Southampton win yesterday, that handball decision was the perfect example of an inadvertent handball that should have been a pen. Not sure how that wasn't given.

Beyond the penality, Southampton 100% got away with a couple of fouls on Mane and one on Milner just when he came on.

Yeah I wasn't too mad about the penalty because with the updated interpretations, I wasn't expecting it to be given. But I have no idea how Walker-Peters wasn't called for 2 pens on Mane, the first when he gets his back legs at the touchline, and the second when he acted like Martin Skrtel defending a corner kick and Ultimate Warrior'ed his ass to the ground.

24 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Yeah I wasn't too mad about the penalty because with the updated interpretations, I wasn't expecting it to be given. But I have no idea how Walker-Peters wasn't called for 2 pens on Mane, the first when he gets his back legs at the touchline, and the second when he acted like Martin Skrtel defending a corner kick and Ultimate Warrior'ed his ass to the ground.

Good old Dale. I think this is my issue with "clear and obvious", where very similar incidents will have different results based on what the ref gives (or not) on the field. Borderline ones will essentially always stay with the on field decision even if it's inconsistent with other incidents.

• Thanks 1

As an addendum to my first post, I didn't think the 'trip' on Mane was a penalty, as I think he dived. I didn't see the second claim.

However, Liverpool got a soft as pigshit penalty against us and we didn't get a penalty where the player got the man and not the ball, so...I have limited sympathy for a missed decision.