Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

26 minutes ago, Liam said:

That was my basic argument. You give it, it stays given I feel.

I don't get why. I think the Leeds example that was brought up earlier was a clear example of where the getting of the ball was secondary to the perceived intent and he was sent off. However, that was a judgement based on reckless and dangerous play. I just feel, when it comes to penalty decisions (as they are the ones that get scrutinised more often), the winning of the ball takes unfair precedence at times. That isn't a particularly huge claim to make, I feel.

I also feel that it isn't outrageous to suggest that a lot of fans still think the winning of the ball is all that matters, especially considering the amount of fans who defend poor tackles with claims that the player won the ball.

I also think that we are thinking at cross purposes as well, arguing slightly different points. So there is that.

I bet on Manchester United to win, so you know...

I think this is possible. Without question (stupid) fans will always use the "he got the ball" argument, but referees have been trained out of that mindset for at least 5 years.

• Like 1

Our shite finishing had cost us so many points this season and I'm expecting it to do so tonight. Nerves are gone 

MO SALAH!!!

Henderson positioning himself like an outfielder playing in goal because the keeper has been sent off.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Henderson positioning himself like an outfielder playing in goal because the keeper has been sent off.

I couldn't believe how open he left that far corner. He was just begging Mo to put it there.

I'm getting my hopes up again of sneaking into 4th and I don't want to get let down. 

I'm thinking a Leicester win against Chelsea is the best case scenario now. Means they can only finish on 67 points and worse case scenario 2 wins and a draw could be enough on goal difference. 

It's the hope that kills you

• Like 2

Still gutted about the loss, but ultimately we can still turn this into a decent season if we beat Fulham to clinch 2nd, and win the Europa League on the 26th.

I do wonder what @stokeriño's thoughts are at the moment though. Chelsea could literally have one of their greatest, most successful seasons in their history depending on what happens over the next couple of weeks. Or, they could lose both the FA Cup and CL finals, and miss out on 4th place. Nervy times.

I still can't quite get used to Solskjaer as Man Utd manager.

Nor can i shake the feeling, despite the fact they are having a good season, that its not going to sustain.  This is based only on watching them play Liverpool though mind you.