World Cup 2022 qualifiers

Lineker

6 minutes ago, The Kraig said:

Disappointed with Scotland drawing, but in the old days this would be a game we would play better and lose. I'll take it.

Such a weird game. They had a goal (wrongly?) disallowed, we should have had a penalty, McGinn scores a worldie and the first half was boring as fuck, but I'm happy with a point though? Who knows.

14 hours ago, DFF said:

England to win between 4 and 6 nil and it be proclaimed a "strong performance". That's my prediction for tonight. 

:ph34r:

Republic of Ireland lost 1-0 at home to Luxembourg! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DFF said:

As much as I'm gutted for Ireland, I'm equally chuffed for Luxembourg. I'd love to see them get a run of unexpectedly good form. Their goalscorer is originally Portuguese and made his debut tonight, so maybe they will add some more excitement with Serbia or even Portugal. I'm a sucker for a good underdog story.

Also, it appears Portugal scored a winner in the final seconds of the Serbia game. From pictures I was sure it never fully crossed the line, but this video...it does look entirely over the line when the defender clears (amazing double save in it's own right).

Ironically, no VAR.

12 hours ago, DFF said:

I don't even watch international football but having seen reactions to this online from Irish people. I'm just reminded of how the FAI is awful and hasn't invested enough in domestic football for years.

Got a fancy new national stadium and a fancy new headquarters for the FAI though.