Formula One 2021

Lineker

2 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

If Aston Martin get their act together - as it looked like they might have done this time last year - I would absolutely love Vettel to have another crack at it.

The problem with that is, if Aston Martin get their act together and have a shot at the championship, Seb's not the driver who's going to get the #1 driver backing that's needed.

• Sad 1

George Russell seems to be sitting on the fence.

Looks like one of the protests is that Max overtook Lewis behind the safety car, which I thought at the time and then got completely absorbed by everything else.

A lot of people are unhappy at the way Masi spoke to Toto about the rational of the decision too.

• Like 1

afbeelding.png

PS: Fully approve of Merc fighting this. They won't get the title to Lewis, too much of a predecent/shitshow to alter race results after the fact, but I definitely think Mercedes can get the FIA raked over the coals by CAS and getting damages, and hopefully Michael Masi yeeted into the sun.

I hope to add some happiness to the madness that's happening by reporting that, despite only competing in two races, Robert Kubica is classified ahead of Nikita Mazepin in the driver's championship standings, by virtue of his 14th and 15th finishes being better than Mazepin's best finishes of 14th and 17th.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Admin
48 minutes ago, Absolute JasonM said:

afbeelding.png

PS: Fully approve of Merc fighting this. They won't get the title to Lewis, too much of a predecent/shitshow to alter race results after the fact, but I definitely think Mercedes can get the FIA raked over the coals by CAS and getting damages, and hopefully Michael Masi yeeted into the sun.

If Masi goes then who replaces him though? Impossible for one person to fill Charlie Whiting's shoes.