Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

They're both red cards 

Think a draws a fair reflection really. Was an entertaining match just spattered with some bad officiating. 

It's dropped points but it's still only a one game difference in City's favour. Hopefully Van Dijk/Fabinho be back soon. 

• Like 1

They were both reds, ref got loads wrong for both team, a draw was fair.

And it was so so so so so much fun to watch. 

After Mourinho and Nuno, just felt good to watch and enjoy a game. 

1 minute ago, DavidMarrio said:

They're both red cards 

Think a draws a fair reflection really. Was an entertaining match just spattered with some bad officiating. 

It's dropped points but it's still only a one game difference in City's favour. Hopefully Van Dijk/Fabinho be back soon. 

We did beat City for ya at the start of the year tbf 

• Thanks 1

I think the good news for Spurs, calls aside, is that Dele Alli and Harry Winks looked like actual good players against a team that isn't, like, three divisions below them or the fifth-best team from Portugal for the first time in a very very long time. If Conte has actually figured out how to unfuck some of the players who have just been steadily declining for years that could be huge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I think the good news for Spurs, calls aside, is that Dele Alli and Harry Winks looked like actual good players against a team that isn't, like, three divisions below them or the fifth-best team from Portugal for the first time in a very very long time. If Conte has actually figured out how to unfuck some of the players who have just been steadily declining for years that could be huge.

Sess and Davies were excellent too - kept Salah quiet! Really impressive from fringe players that I think, as a fan base, we'd written off (maybe not Sess). 

It's such a frustrating game because I should be happy with the point given our Covid absences; Spurs being fresh after the 2 weeks out; and all the chances Spurs created today. BUT, Spurs also should have been down to 10 men early on and Jota had a pretty obvious penalty.

It's just a shame that a match that was really well fought between both sides was held hostage by a referee who seemed to want to make it all about him today.

Really think that two weeks off is going to prove massive for you lot. While Conte didn't get to train every day or with the whole squad, a manager like him getting that kind of time with his squad to train his tactics while most other clubs are playing nonstop could really help get Spurs firing again.

Just now, Benjamin said:

What a game. Sucks that the ref is the main story because both teams should have been down to ten men so the last fifteen minutes could at least have been even. 

I think, in the context of the game, he should've just booked Robbo. It's a red, but when you set a precedent, I think you just have to get on with it, especially with a tackle like that, which isn't a leg breaker. 

Ha, you hear that? Kane says Robbo didn't think it was a red on the field. 

Just now, Szumi - A Polack said:

It's such a frustrating game because I should be happy with the point given our Covid absences; Spurs being fresh after the 2 weeks out; and all the chances Spurs created today. BUT, Spurs also should have been down to 10 men early on and Jota had a pretty obvious penalty.

It's just a shame that a match that was really well fought between both sides was held hostage by a referee who seemed to want to make it all about him today.

Really think that two weeks off is going to prove massive for you lot. While Conte didn't get to train every day or with the whole squad, a manager like him getting that kind of time with his squad to train his tactics while most other clubs are playing nonstop could really help get Spurs firing again.

I mean, Conte also needs his side super fit. Just when we were putting a run together, and finally get some points, we had to break before playing Burnley, Brentford and Leicester. Which are winnable games - we could've gone into this game on the back of a run and with more games under our belt and a lot fitter. 

Also, coming off a COVID outbreak, I just don't see that as a bonus for us. It looks good cos we got a result today, but if we'd have lost, I think your perspective would be different. 

I was saying that even before the game @Jimmyin fairness. 

You would definitely know more about it than me, but I was under the impression that most of the players were asymptomatic/minor symptoms at most, allowing the players to get a bit of a rest after the hectic schedule. 

1 minute ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

I was saying that even before the game @Jimmyin fairness. 

Ah fair play! I'm just not convinced it was the bonus you think it is, especially because we had to close our training ground for 3 or 4 days, prepared for three games that were cancelled last minute, two of which we'd travelled away for. That said, I'm sure any extra time with Conte is a bonus! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jimmy said:

Ah fair play! I'm just not convinced it was the bonus you think it is, especially because we had to close our training ground for 3 or 4 days, prepared for three games that were cancelled last minute, two of which we'd travelled away for. That said, I'm sure any extra time with Conte is a bonus! 

Definitely could look at it either way, and totally see your points! I was more looking at that extra Conte training since that's where he gets his squad to improve the most. Regardless the awful officiating, Spurs fought very hard and played very well. Fair play to you lot, hope things keep improving for you 👍

• Like 1

sorry lads I'm not trying to wind you up, but Klopp is one of the biggest pricks in the league when it doesn't go his way, this post match interview is so arrogant 

that said, he's bang on about the ridiculous schedule, especially during covid 

That doesn't make a massive amount of sense when clubs have either been so depleted they haven't played 3 in succession, or they haven't been affected at all. I think the league need to be far more transparent in terms of why some teams have been allowed to postpone and others not, but a blanket cancellation feels illogical.

Or at very least far more illogical than going back to behind closed doors, because if the panic is that Omicron is too virulent sticking thousands of fans in is insane.

13 hours ago, Jimmy said:

sorry lads I'm not trying to wind you up, but Klopp is one of the biggest pricks in the league when it doesn't go his way, this post match interview is so arrogant 

that said, he's bang on about the ridiculous schedule, especially during covid 

I bet he's got no interest in calling off their match on boxing day though (and for what it's worth no, I don't think it should be either unless one of the teams pick up more Covid cases, just pointing out that he's only moaning when it suits)