Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

• Admin

Sounds like the afflicted Spurs players are supposedly Son, Moura, Gil, Emerson, Davies, Cuti (who was injured anyway), plus Mason and Stellini from the coaching team. Not ideal.

More positive results are expected from the round of extensive testing.

3 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

Okay I can't embed twitter since I don't use it but that is fucking vile.

Echo are scum. Such a shit rag of a paper since they got taken over. 

Used to be a really good paper with a lot of local investigative stories. Then with a lot of papers got turned into more of a website click baity shitshow. 

3 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Echo are scum. Such a shit rag of a paper since they got taken over. 

Used to be a really good paper with a lot of local investigative stories. Then with a lot of papers got turned into more of a website click baity shitshow. 

Tbf haven’t been taken over since the 80s. But yeah, in recent years Reach have ramped up their digital first strategy, and they have certainly fallen wide of the mark at times - including this one - pretty poor form.

I’ll defend the media on most things, but yeah, not that one.

Smallest comfort is the fact that the Echo’s sister title in Birmingham covered each and every day of the trial (37 in all I want to say), and were pretty instrumental in celebrating that poor lad’s life, rather than making it all about the scum that took his future away. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Tbf haven’t been taken over since the 80s. But yeah, in recent years Reach have ramped up their digital first strategy, and they have certainly fallen wide of the mark at times - including this one - pretty poor form.

I’ll defend the media on most things, but yeah, not that one.

Smallest comfort is the fact that the Echo’s sister title in Birmingham covered each and every day of the trial (37 in all I want to say), and were pretty instrumental in celebrating that poor lad’s life, rather than making it all about the scum that took his future away. 

Really? You wouldn't have thought that given that as I said I can remember when it was a really good paper who like you've pointed out about would have been celebrating the poor lad's life or doing investigative work into issues locally etc and then it suddenly became that click baity, get the online traffic type of media platform.  I'd probably say the change happened like about ten odd years ago? Maybe little bit more. 

37 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Really? You wouldn't have thought that given that as I said I can remember when it was a really good paper who like you've pointed out about would have been celebrating the poor lad's life or doing investigative work into issues locally etc and then it suddenly became that click baity, get the online traffic type of media platform.  I'd probably say the change happened like about ten odd years ago? Maybe little bit more. 

If I had to guess, it was when they pivoted from print first to digital first. Same people, but radically different demographic - so pandering to a different crowd for sure. 

• Like 2

I've not watched the whole game, but I don't think I disagree with the big decisions, have I missed something?

For the pen I think it's difficult, it's harsh but not a clear and obvious error (I changed my mind 3 times watching the replay and still can't decide). Had he not given it I don't think VAR would have overturned it.