General Television Thread 2022

The Buscher

19 minutes ago, Benji said:

I'm torn on Man Vs Bee. Some of it works, some of it doesn't. It definitely feels like a film that got cut into a TV show to encourage more viewers. I think I enjoyed it but I can't say it made me wanting more.

I don't need a second season, for sure. What I do need though, is more Rowan Atkinson.

21 hours ago, Colly said:

A film, cut into TV shows, where they couldn't be bothered to just pay for the rights to Mr Bean.

To be fair, Atkinson has said that he is done with Mr Bean. He doesn't want to do that character anymore.

It was an enjoyable little show. Nothing groundbreaking really, and I wouldn't tell most people to go out of their way to watch it, but we enjoyed it for what it was.

Watching the first episode of Resident Evil, and Young Jade is off putting with the teenage rage. But maybe that's the point?

Edit: the vegan is going to cause the end of the world, isn't she?

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

Watching the first episode of Resident Evil, and Young Jade is off putting with the teenage rage. But maybe that's the point?

Edit: the vegan is going to cause the end of the world, isn't she?

How is the show? I'm excited for it, but we've got a few other things on the go at the moment.

2 hours ago, Gabriel said:

How is the show? I'm excited for it, but we've got a few other things on the go at the moment.

It seems fine, nothing mind-blowing. Lance Reddick as Wesker is fun though!

And I know what you mean about having a bunch of shows on the go... it feels like there's always something new coming out that I can't get to my backlog. Apparently What We Do In the Shadows just released 2 episodes of the new season. 

I watched the new Resident Evil for 10 minutes and knew it was not going to satisfy me as a Resident Evil show, so I switched it off.

Someone on Reddit posted this and said it's an actual line from the show and I have zero regrets if true.

Spoiler

kxu3j1ft6xb91.jpg

1 hour ago, Benji said:

I watched the new Resident Evil for 10 minutes and knew it was not going to satisfy me as a Resident Evil show, so I switched it off.

Someone on Reddit posted this and said it's an actual line from the show and I have zero regrets if true.

Reveal hidden contents

After 2 episodes, it doesn't feel like Resident Evil outside of there being mention of Umbrella, Wesker, angry zombie dog and zombies. There is a character that has a ponytail attached to her head via a metal ring. Like... it looks so stupid. 

11 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I'm finally watching Severance. 3 episodes in and it's really intriguing so far. Does it stick the landing or is it going to let me down? Please no spoilers just tell me if it finishes it as strong as it starts

It sticks the landing and more, I'd say. 

• Like 1