General Television Thread 2022

The Buscher

4 hours ago, Malenko said:

I liked it a lot. Most importantly my girlfriend liked it. She loved the season finale. 

I enjoyed GLOW but my partner enjoyed it way more than I did. I think in a lot of ways non wrestling fans would enjoy it more than wrestling fans. 

• Like 2

Fine with the winner of America's Song Contest, but....

Spoiler

Allen Stone

got robbed.

Alabama, American Samoa, and Tennessee (yes, my own state) shouldn't have made the finals.

Edited by GhostMachine

On 07/05/2022 at 12:38, Hobo said:

After showing her 1 episode of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace a few years ago, my girlfriend and I watched the remaning episodes this week.

Generally, that is a show that holds up incredibly well. I also discovered that the DVD has a full version of "One Track Lover" on it.

The DVD interviews are also some of the best bits overall from this glorious show. It's definitely something I try to get all people to watch who haven't heard of it.

• Like 1

I was one of the people who watched Darkplace when it first aired. I think Skipper the Eye Child was the first episode i saw.

I haven't actually explored the Extras on the DVD too much, I don't think.

Even though I've had the DVD for well over 10 years.

Just started We Own This City on HBOMax.

Spoiler

It took me way longer than it should have to realize that Gondo and Rayam were cops. 

I started watching Welcome to Flatch on Hulu.  Its actually a Fox show but I don't have cable.  Its a mockumentary style show about a small town in Ohio

I gotta say, as someone who lives in a small rural town in PA, I love it.  Like the town having their yearly "Big Item Day" ie stuff thats too big for a garbage truck to take or would make you pay extra.

Aya Cash plays Cheryl, the editor/seemingly only reporter for the local paper and in one episode, she says something like "I got a big scoop for tomorrows edition, they're filling in the pothole on Main Street!"  Took me a minute to recognize Aya also, because she isn't playing a racist superhero.

In fact, if anything about the show takes me out of it, there aren't any racists in the small town of Flatch

19 hours ago, Lint said:

I started watching Welcome to Flatch on Hulu.  Its actually a Fox show but I don't have cable.  Its a mockumentary style show about a small town in Ohio

looks like this is an adaptation of the UK show This Country, which is amazing and i definitely recommend it.

Ozark was fuckin' fantastic, what a great season. I wish it was continuing on, but the story is complete.

But, that finale. Fuck. I hated that. Not because of anything that happened (well, maybe one or two), but because some of it was just infuriating and made no sense.

Spoiler

Wendy gets a quick turnaround redemption for being a selfish, shitty person the last few seasons. Nobody gets punished for anything they've done, except for Ruth, who was only responding in kind. She kills the dude who killed her blood, which is fair. But then his mom kills her for killing her kid? Fuck off. I don't mind Clare cracking under the pressure like that, especially with the added graphic threats, but I mean, goddamnit. The story all along is that people like the Byrds will always get away with it, I get it. But still.

Jonah presumably killing Mel? What? He might have the cookie jar with the ashes inside, but uhhhh... it's not admissible evidence since he broke into their house to get it. Marty & Wendy would know that. Their kids aren't fucking idiots either. And besides that - this also ties into the Wendy thing. Jonah hated her for what she did, and now he's shooting an ex-cop to protect the family? He worked for the competition, he was ready to move to North Carolina... but Wendy had a shitty dad, so it's all good????

Goddamnit.

• Like 1

On 17/05/2022 at 07:13, Lint said:

I gotta say, as someone who lives in a small rural town in PA, I love it.  Like the town having their yearly "Big Item Day" ie stuff thats too big for a garbage truck to take or would make you pay extra.

Aya Cash plays Cheryl, the editor/seemingly only reporter for the local paper and in one episode, she says something like "I got a big scoop for tomorrows edition, they're filling in the pothole on Main Street!"  Took me a minute to recognize Aya also, because she isn't playing a racist superhero.

In fact, if anything about the show takes me out of it, there aren't any racists in the small town of Flatch

How much does Sean William-Scott feature? I love him and wanted to watch it based on him being in it, but dunno if I will be disappointed by his role size.

9 hours ago, Benji said:

How much does Sean William-Scott feature? I love him and wanted to watch it based on him being in it, but dunno if I will be disappointed by his role size.

He's pretty heavily featured in it.  He's not the main star, but he's been in every episode I've watched so far in a pretty major role, and he's been hilarious

• Like 1

On 18/05/2022 at 19:31, tristy said:

Ozark was fuckin' fantastic, what a great season. I wish it was continuing on, but the story is complete.

But, that finale. Fuck. I hated that. Not because of anything that happened (well, maybe one or two), but because some of it was just infuriating and made no sense.

Hide contents

Wendy gets a quick turnaround redemption for being a selfish, shitty person the last few seasons. Nobody gets punished for anything they've done, except for Ruth, who was only responding in kind. She kills the dude who killed her blood, which is fair. But then his mom kills her for killing her kid? Fuck off. I don't mind Clare cracking under the pressure like that, especially with the added graphic threats, but I mean, goddamnit. The story all along is that people like the Byrds will always get away with it, I get it. But still.

Jonah presumably killing Mel? What? He might have the cookie jar with the ashes inside, but uhhhh... it's not admissible evidence since he broke into their house to get it. Marty & Wendy would know that. Their kids aren't fucking idiots either. And besides that - this also ties into the Wendy thing. Jonah hated her for what she did, and now he's shooting an ex-cop to protect the family? He worked for the competition, he was ready to move to North Carolina... but Wendy had a shitty dad, so it's all good????

Goddamnit.

Spoiler

I didn't see a Wendy redemption arc from the finale. I read the whole thing as all of them are shitty and they all get away with it. That's modern day America. Hell, that's always been America. Bad people who have money get away with everything and everyone else suffers.

• Like 2

And she's also hosting a new game show on FOX called Don't Forget The Lyrics. I just wish they went with something else, as there's already 3 FBI shows on CBS (and I watch all 3). Maybe as Homeland Security?

She filled in for Nick Cannon on MASKED SINGER last year, when he had COVID, by the way. How they brought Nick back was funny, though.

Read only if you've watched The Rookie season finale:

Spoiler

Hated that we got a sort of cliffhanger regarding Tim and Lucy.

Edited by GhostMachine

7 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

And she's also hosting a new game show on FOX called Don't Forget The Lyrics. I just wish they went with something else, as there's already 3 FBI shows on CBS (and I watch all 3). Maybe as Homeland Security?

She filled in for Nick Cannon on MASKED SINGER last year, when he had COVID, by the way. How they brought Nick back was funny, though.

Read only if you've watched The Rookie season finale:

Reveal hidden contents

not gonna open your spoiler yet, i'm watching now. i swear if i have to watch Wash die again i'm gonna riot.

Finished. what a weird finale that was 😕

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

I’m really enjoying The Offer.  

Debating watching that, but would have to while Heidi is asleep or somewhere else. She's not into anything mafia related at all. Even if its about making a movie.