General Television Thread 2022

The Buscher

Thanks to my wife, I'm addicted to Vanderpump Rules, but also watch Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills. Though I could live without the latter, and don't watch the other Real Housewives shows at all.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2022 at 13:00, Jimmy said:

I just finished the first season of Severance and I thought the last few episodes were phenomenal. I wasn't totally grabbed by the pilot, but would implore anyone who felt similar to let it play out as it develops and unravels in a really intoxicating way and then totally finds its feet in the last few episodes. Cannot wait for more. 

We finished this last night and holy shit the last could of episodes really cranked it up a notch. Feels like they're onto something really good - I just hope they have a genuine thought out explanation for all the goings on and not a Lost-esque make it up as they go along approach.

• Like 1

On 23/04/2022 at 19:18, GhostMachine said:

Thanks to my wife, I'm addicted to Vanderpump Rules, but also watch Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills. Though I could live without the latter, and don't watch the other Real Housewives shows at all.

Who do you like on Beverly Hills? 

9 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Kyle and Lisa. Wish they'd get rid of Sutton, and Garcelle needs to shut up about Denise. 

Did your wife watch Sex and the City? I feel like the Real Housewives franchises have occupied a space since SatC for many people. It's virtually the same show, just more cock tails being thrown in Housewives and more nudity in SatC. 

3 hours ago, RPS said:

Did your wife watch Sex and the City? I feel like the Real Housewives franchises have occupied a space since SatC for many people. It's virtually the same show, just more cock tails being thrown in Housewives and more nudity in SatC. 

Not that I know of. And my experience with that show is limited to one scene from it with Kim Catrall.

1 hour ago, FLiam said:

BARRY IS BACK 

Storage Wars?

42 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Not that I know of. And my experience with that show is limited to one scene from it with Kim Catrall.

Storage Wars?

Barry, starring Bill Hader in his best role.

New season is starting up, so the lady and I are re-watching through to get ready. It's been a long break, but I'm sure it's worth the wait.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Barry, starring Bill Hader in his best role.

New season is starting up, so the lady and I are re-watching through to get ready. It's been a long break, but I'm sure it's worth the wait.

Too right - it’s been about three years hasn’t it?!

I wrote about it before but after the end of season 1 I had zero desire to watch Barry. Great show, great acting, zero RPS desire to keep watching.

9 hours ago, Serpenticloud said:

The Walking Dead Carol and Daryl spin-off is now just going to be a Daryl spin-off. 

Unironically, just let the damn franchise die. I'm still watching, but at this point it's out of sheer habit, and the end of the main series is going to end it. Just finish up, and at least let nostalgia have some years to kick in.

• Like 1

I know the Walking Dead series went off the rails for the comics fairly quick. But unless Andrew Lincoln returns, the show is going to have to have a very different ending than the comics.

Spoiler

(Carl died in the show, but is alive at the end of the comics. Daryl doesn't exist at all in the comics.....)