General Television Thread 2022

The Buscher

I have been trying to figure out where I knew the younger Misty from Yellowjackets from. It's taken me to over a month, but I just clicked that she was the young version of Chuck from Pushing Daisies and now I'm going into a sadness over the tragedy of that show never getting a proper ending it so badly deserved.

Mrs. Krabby and I finished off Echoes last night and the consensus was a solid "Meh!"

Spoiler

The show starts off with a very intriguing premise and builds to a good reveal of some story stuff in the middle but the ending was too convoluted/poorly explained and TBH poorly shot and acted I thought. Shame that the final 2 episodes didn't pay off the first 5 that were well done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krabby said:

Mrs. Krabby and I finished off Echoes last night and the consensus was a solid "Meh!"

Hide contents

The show starts off with a very intriguing premise and builds to a good reveal of some story stuff in the middle but the ending was too convoluted/poorly explained and TBH poorly shot and acted I thought. Shame that the final 2 episodes didn't pay off the first 5 that were well done.

Spoiler

Pretty much felt the same, great concept but not much else. Also pissed me off that her twin came to town after she went missing and not one person in town had a moment where they thought she had turned up :lol:

Also this for one of a billion reasons Avatar The Last Airbender is one of the best TV shows ever.

2dtrdan4ssn91.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Benji said:

I have been trying to figure out where I knew the younger Misty from Yellowjackets from. It's taken me to over a month, but I just clicked that she was the young version of Chuck from Pushing Daisies and now I'm going into a sadness over the tragedy of that show never getting a proper ending it so badly deserved.

Pushing Daisies ended just too early. A couple years later and some streaming service flush with cash picks it up for a farewell season. The late 00s was a rough time for TV cancellations.

On 05/08/2022 at 07:48, RPS said:

I watched the first two episodes of What We Do in the Shadows devoid of any context. This is my type of show. 

The Curse is the best episode of WWDITS right? 

4 minutes ago, damhausen said:

It's surprisingly not. It kicked off a really, really great run of episodes only perhaps matched by a few episodes in season 4.

Yeah, the Brain Scramblies episode was also very good. 

The new season of Masked Singer debuted last night. They have so many contestants this season that each episode has 4 contestants, but only one gets through. They unmasked two last night, and revealed who the other getting unmasked is but we have to wait until next week to see that unmasking. 

The two who were unmasked I nailed from the clues (and one the voice was immediately recognizable, anyway), and they were absolute living legends. I'm talking GOATs!

Spoiler

William Shatner - Jenny guessed it.

and 

Spoiler

Eric Idle - Robin Thicke identified Sir Robin!

Edited by GhostMachine

A fan of the actor of Homelander in The Boys. Got curious on his other work. Has anyone seen this show he was in?! The story has me interested and to see what his early character work was like before The Boys. 

Wouldn't mind sinking my teeth into it sometime soon. Was just wondering if anyone had seen or heard of it since it was in the last ten years on TV. 

I watched it.  I thought it was entertaining enough, but for one reason or another I never finished it.

But as a resident of Pennsylvania, where its supposed to take place, the premise behind it is impossible and I could never separate that from the show

• Thanks 1