General Television Thread 2022

The Buscher

They're covering it on Breakfast now. Lightning's in the studio selling it, but they've got Sharon Davies on zoom telling them how much she didn't like it. I think they might be overdoing the BBC balance thing.

• Haha 2

Started to watch The Sandman and, despite not knowing the source material at all, I'm really liking it!

• Like 2

Whoever selects the Catergories and songs for BEAT SHAZAM needs to be drug tested.

This season, they've had Def Leppard a few times under the category `hair band', which you can sort of maybe just barely justify. But the latest episode had a Heavy Metal category (if not the first time, its at least been a few seasons), and once again it was Def Leppard. "Armageddon It", off the Hysteria album. That song is far from Heavy Metal.

Then during the actual "Beat Shazam" round, they had the category 'Guitar Gods'.....and the song was "Always" by Lenny Kravitz. When it comes to Guitar Gods, he's not even remotely in the discussion.

*edited to add* Also, spoiler for the next season of THE GOLDBERGS, which signals to me the show's death knell:

Spoiler

Since Jeff Garlin was fired from the show, they're going to kll Murray off. He's supposed to have been dead for several months in the season opener, apparently. That show might as well have ended when George Segal passed away.

Edited by GhostMachine

3 hours ago, K said:

there's a TV show based on the shazam app??

Yes. Its on season 5. Hosted by Jamie Foxx. October Gonzalez (wife of NFL legend Tony Gonzalez) was the DJ/co-host for the first season, then Jamie's daughter Corinne took over. The grand prize is $1,000,000, but 

Spoiler

Its only been won about 3 times so far.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_Shazam

Edited by GhostMachine

I'm in the same boat. A visually very impressive show that is lacking in substance. And the episodes go on for too long. You could cut both episodes down to half an hour and would loose nothing of importance.

On certain aspect I find heard to believe is that

Spoiler

both Galadriel and Elrond would be treated with such little respect by the other elves.

Been watching Welcome to Wrexham and...you know what, I'm a fan.  Both of the show and the team.  Been looking for a soccer team to latch on to and become a fan