2022 NFL Off-Season thread

The Buscher

The full season schedule will be announced on May 12th.  During the draft the league will announce what the first Amazon game will be and it's likely that before the 12th, other games will be announced such as the international games.

As is the case with other years when Christmas is on a Sunday, the majority of the NFL slate that week will be on Saturday.  But the plan this year is to do a Christmas triple header for the first time.

Honestly, it'd probably be a rebuilding team ready to draft a new QB to have him as a mentor figure at this point. And I also don't figure the return would be great if somebody had interest. 

Could Darnold maybe be shipped directly to Cleveland to get Mayfield? 

• Admin

If we're tanking, then stick with Darnold as we're on the hook for him anyway, and see what you can get for CMC. Focus on building the lines up this draft. Take a rookie QB in what looks like a much stronger class in 2023. 

Otherwise, give me wonderful Jimmy G mediocrity, please!

Chad Reuter seven-round 2022 NFL mock draft, Round 1: Cowboys, Steelers trade up

7 hours ago, Lineker said:

If we're tanking, then stick with Darnold as we're on the hook for him anyway, and see what you can get for CMC. Focus on building the lines up this draft. Take a rookie QB in what looks like a much stronger class in 2023. 

Otherwise, give me wonderful Jimmy G mediocrity, please!

Chad Reuter seven-round 2022 NFL mock draft, Round 1: Cowboys, Steelers trade up

I really really doubt the Lions take Pickett at 2. 

Edit - but then has us taking Karlaftis and Dean in round 2? I'd love that but neither of them are getting to round 2.

With the Panthers viewed as the most likely landing spot for the first QB, a team that secretly loves a QB and really wants to get their guy would need to get to #5.  The Lions drafting a QB at #2 would potentially send the entire draft haywire depending on how many mid-round teams were either plotting to move up or had reason to believe their guy would make it to their pick.

As a Giants fan I like the spot they're in because their biggest needs (OT, CB, edge) match up nicely with the top of the big board.  If they stay where they are they should get two studs at those positions.  But realistically I don't see how they don't suck again this year, so if a team is gonna panic and trade a haul for one of those selections, I'd happily do it.

If Sauce Gardner is there at #5, Wink will be in the war room begging for that to be the pick.  They're going to be trading or cutting Bradberry out of necessity, and they desperately will need a lockdown CB in that scheme.  It's really hard to gauge though because either the Texans or Jets could easily take him.

That's another reason the Giants would benefit from a QB going somewhere in the top 4.  To me the dream scenario would be to have all the tackles on the board at #5 along with either Sauce or one of the edge rushers.  You take the defensive player at #5 and then a tackle at #7, you might still get your pick of tackle if Carolina opts to go QB.

3 hours ago, VerBlue Christmas said:

I really really doubt the Lions take Pickett at 2. 

Edit - but then has us taking Karlaftis and Dean in round 2? I'd love that but neither of them are getting to round 2.

I loved that analysis “Dan Campbell wants an immediate contributor, GM wants to look at towards the future, Kenny Pickett can do both….if Jared Goff happens to get injured” 

If the player you take can only make an impact due to injury, then that player isn’t someone who can make an immediate impact.  Also even if Goff does get injured, what the fuck kind of impact does this guy think rookie QB Kenny Pickett going to have?

Dumb Cowboys pick too, we aren’t going to move up to draft a lineman unless it looks like we are going to miss out on every one with a first round grade, which we won’t.  This scenario is even more ridiculous because we’re trading up to pass on taking Chris Olave.

I enjoy this tradition of Lineker finding some of the dumbest mock drafts for us to look it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, damhausen said:

To be fair it isn't particularly hard to find dumb mock drafts. The minute someone's mock includes trades you know it's going to suck.

Now I want a mock draft where every pick is traded at least once

• Admin

Spoiler

Grading Scale
8.0 Perfect Prospect
7.5 Day 1 Perennial All-Pro
7.3 Day 1 High End Starter And Likely All-Pro
7.0 Day 1 Quality Starter And Potential All-Pro
6.9 Day 1 Starter With All Pro Upside
6.8 Day 1 Starter With High End Starter Upside
6.7 Boom Or Bust - Lower Risk
6.6 Day 1 Starter - Unlikely High End Starter
6.5 Boom Or Bust - Higher Risk
6.3-6.4 Likely Starter Within First Two Seasons
6.1-6.2 Day 1 Backup With Starter Upside
6.0 Day 1 Backup / Special Teamer - Developmental Traits Based Prospect
5.9 Day 1 Backup / Special Teamer / Role Player -  High Floor, Limited Physical Upside
5.8 Day 1 Backup / Special Teamer / Role Player - Low Floor, High Ceiling
5.7 Day 1 Backup / Special Teamer / Role Player - Limited Physical Upside
5.5-5.6 Day 1 Roster Bubble or Practice Squader
5.4 Priority Free Agent
5.0 Chance To Be In An NFL Camp
Under 5.0 Needs Time In A Developmental League

• Like 1