FIFA World Cup 2022

Lineker

33 minutes ago, damhausen said:

It's how they convince you to let them convert to the basketball clock.

Good.

I'm working so not watching, but flicked the half time highlights on. Keane and Souness murdering each other on TV is something I'm massively up for.

5 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

They're unbeaten in 36 matches, during which they won the Copa America. They're among the favourites for a reason.

Have you seen who've they've played? a 36 match unbeaten streak when only about 4 of those games are against real teams is hardly anything to write home about. Absolute farming.

Their squad is strangely made up of alright players for absolute B teams. I think there's one at PSG and one at City, other than that, le shrug.

4 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

Have you seen who've they've played? a 36 match unbeaten streak when only about 4 of those games are against real teams is hardly anything to write home about. Absolute farming.

Wins against Brazil, Italy, Colombia, Ecuador and Uruguay don't suggest that they're "shit". I suspect you're using hyperbole, but they absolutely should be doing a lot better than they are today.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tigerstyle said:

Their squad is strangely made up of alright players for absolute B teams. I think there's one at PSG and one at City, other than that, le shrug.

CONEMBOL is well known as the biggest war of attrition of WCQ. The toughest places to play, especially compared to UEFA WCQ. Argentina have also played better than they ever have stylistically with Messi. They've not been uber reliant on him during this run, but playing well as a team.

My brother in Christ, you are as wrong as wrong can be.

• Like 3

To be fair, there was another team that had a 37 match unbeaten streak that ended last year and they didn't even qualify for this tournament. <_<

And of course if Argentina lose this then the 37 match streak remains the longest... go Saudi Arabia?

Granted he's walked it back now but 'every trick in the book' isn't a good call when the defender has just taken a Psycho Knee to the face.

EDIT: Or Busaiku for you cultured wrestling fans.

• Like 1