FIFA World Cup 2022

Lineker

This is the game I have had the most trouble calling. This could be the game that decides who gets second in this group, a draw favours Wales going into game 2 but I can see USA giving England a tough game wouldn't be surprised if that's the one England drop points in

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

A Welsh victory today would be much more interesting than an American one.

Hoping it's uninteresting for you then! Maybe we can make it more interesting by having the entire team, including keeper, playing on a yellow card by the end of the first half. 

1 minute ago, Dang117 said:

This is the game I have had the most trouble calling. This could be the game that decides who gets second in this group, a draw favours Wales going into game 2 but I can see USA giving England a tough game wouldn't be surprised if that's the one England drop points in

If I had to say then would say it might USA who will get this one. Young fast squad. England can probably beat Wales. As you said that USA game is the game I think England's defensive mistakes will be exploited. Iran showed England's issues with defence today. Which it is possible USA and Wales may use in those games they have with England. Wales will beat Iran and so will USA. But this is a must win for both sides to be in with that 2nd spot. 

It's very funny hearing the American commentary continually selling what a long wait it was for US fans to watch their team in the World Cup again because they missed one against a team where the players and fans have been waiting a lifetime for this.

• Haha 5

Dominated the half, but have to keep it going now. Pulisic is playing with freedom, Sargent holding up well, and Weah the constant menace stretching the backline with his running. LET'S DO THIS SHIT BAYBAY!

• Like 1

Nothing against the American people on here, but USA winning is dull to me. They're successful in so many sports and the prospect of them eventually being the best football team just feels like too much. I reckon they should intentionally get bad at basketball or something as a fair trade.

• Haha 2