FIFA World Cup 2022

Lineker

Missed the opening ceremony and game. Was tired. But also did not have much interest in it. Will be tuning into the game's today. Hopefully a win for England and Wales for their fan's. Does seem I managed to miss a dull affair. 

Once the tournament kicks in sure will get in the mood for it. Just feels all weird the time of year and also issues in Qatar which is sad.

Just a shit show really from FIFA. I do think the they could have made a statement though even if it did result in a yellow card

It's a captains armband so in theory anyone who wears it?

Ridiculous decision to back down though, surely the whole point of the "One Love" message is that they explicitly didn't make it an obviously pro LGBTQ message from a legal perspective. I'd love to see which law of the game FIFA are citing that would permit a booking.

I'm assuming this means Gianni Infantino isn't gay today.

Whilst it seems unlikely, there's a part of my mind thinking that the referee today might be told to turn around and book every England player that takes the knee, but surely that would cause too much of meltdown.

The Qatari TV station that Gary Neville is working for (with Richard Keys, John Terry and Andy Gray, what a quartet that is) has deleted all footage of Neville's criticisms of Qatari regulations. So much for him going over there to help spread the message.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Twist said:

Someone explain how that wasn’t a penalty?

Maguire also has his arm wrapped around his marker to try and hold him down/push off of him, I'm going to imagine.

That collision looked NASTY. Keeper looks concussed.