Sky Bet EFL 2022/23

Lineker

• Admin
1 hour ago, Naitch said:

And if you turn right to find the away fans entrance... is the ground even capable of hosting Premier League football? Wouldn't be surprised if they end up playing in Milton Keynes for the season, if they win the playoff final.

There's a BBC article on exactly this. Basically they'll have to redo one whole stand and spend about £10m quid.

But, a year in the Prem effectively pays for their new stadium at Power Court entirely. 

• Like 1

Happy that it's Luton/Coventry in the final. Will be massive for either side getting promoted and least with either of them it's someone who's not been in the top flight for some time. 

I remember one of the first Liverpool games I went to as a kid was against Coventry when they had Gary Macca playing for them 

The interesting thing about the Luton/Coventry final is that so much is made of Kenilworth Road being a shithole, but out of the two teams Luton are the ones with the more secure home.

I did hear that Coventry will stay at theirs for at least 5 more years, so that's something.

• Like 1

Either way, we will see a new milestone reached. If Luton win, they'll be the first team in the Premier League era to go from non-league to top flight status. If Coventry win, Mark Robins will be the first manager in the Premier League era to take a team from League Two to the top flight.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lineker said:

There's a BBC article on exactly this. Basically they'll have to redo one whole stand and spend about £10m quid.

But, a year in the Prem effectively pays for their new stadium at Power Court entirely. 

It was actually a good article on the stadium. It made it look, and sound a lot cooler than it is. Because it's a shit hole really. Guess it just has a charm to it with the way it is. Well really because of how unusual it is. 

Good luck to either Luton or Coventry. Should be a good game with some passionate fan's. I just find it hilarious my old and yet still favorite team Sunderland cost my now current favorite team Blackburn Rovers a chance in these Play Offs. Hopefully next season. 

11 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Happy that it's Luton/Coventry in the final. Will be massive for either side getting promoted and least with either of them it's someone who's not been in the top flight for some time. 

I remember one of the first Liverpool games I went to as a kid was against Coventry when they had Gary Macca playing for them 

Agreed. I don't remember Coventry's last PL tenure so it will feel like a fresh team in the league to me regardless now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Mark Robins will be the first manager in the Premier League era to take a team from League Two to the top flight.

Pfft, I've done that loads of times since 1992.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Either way, we will see a new milestone reached. If Luton win, they'll be the first team in the Premier League era to go from non-league to top flight status. If Coventry win, Mark Robins will be the first manager in the Premier League era to take a team from League Two to the top flight.

Eddie Howe took Bournemouth from League 2 to the PL. granted he left in the middle and came back but pretty sure he was responsible for every promotion.