Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

The fact he said he wasnt wanted despite being a very rare example of us extending his contract at the age that he is for multiple years rather than one year extensions. 

If he genuinely thought he should be a nail on starter this season than hes feluded. 

If the move wasnt money motivated why go there. Go to another league. 

• Like 2

I like the fact they openly state that they're just leaving his answers out there for readers to judge. Job done. They've done well to get so much rubbish out of him when it could have just been:

1093308.jpg?b64lines=IExldCdzIGp1c3QKIHN

49 minutes ago, FestiveJack said:

He's either lying or fucking delusional to think he can effect change by being there and not actually doing anything to effect change. He says "people know my values" as if change comes just from existing, like some kind of passive thing. Especially when he says he's going to "respect the culture and religion". 

It's a cop-out.

It's just lip service. There's a lot of non answers there, and the idea he might wear rainbow laces is laughable.

• Like 2

I don't get why he's given this interview. Cause its just putting himself in a worse light. 

From a sporting perspective to say we didn't do enough to keep him is a joke. You're not good enough to be a starter anymore. 

To say you've not gone for the money is the biggest bollocks ever as you could easily play a big part in a number of clubs across Europe. 

Then anything to do with human rights etc you've made yourself out to be a complete div and a hypocrite. 

It's just completely soured me on him. He did great things for the club but that's where I draw the line on him now. 

Its a terrific interview by Adam Crafton. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

I don't get why he's given this interview. Cause its just putting himself in a worse light

I'd reckon either he is being very badly advised or he decided he wanted to do it and that was that.

Because i heard someone on a podcast during the time the move was rumoured saying Henderson can be like that. He can get an idea in his head and it becomes really hard to talk him out of it.

The whole thing is a real crash course in how to blow your reputation.

10 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Sportswashing works

All of the counter-points to the protest group are just classic whataboutism. The one who keeps listing the UK's war crimes whilst the bloke literally agrees with him on them is laughable.

A very good friend of mine is a season ticket holder at Newcastle. He's very politically active, used to campaign for Labour in Doncaster (albeit for Caroline Flint) and is a staunch Corbynite. But he also employed these "What about the UK? What about Man City?" tactics in debates about the Saudis when they took over. He knows it's all bullshit but he loves his club too much.

And that's the sad thing - if you had asked the majority of Newcastle fans, I imagine they'd not say they wanted a nation state such as Saudi Arabia to take over their club. But they want their club to be successful, and they feel they suffered for years under Mike Ashley, so ultimately all it comes down to is whether or not the football team can be successful or not.

• Like 1

In defense of our fanbase, Adam Pearson who posted that is a thick Youtuber who will stick anything out there for content. He even cuts that video to end each "interview" with the words of each idiot rather than a reply. The Newcastle fans (which he doesn't put in quotes despite putting the protest group in quotes) in that video were among the less than 5,000 people at St James Park last night for the Saudi v Costa Rica friendly (£5 a ticket, £1 kids), so it's an extremely biased group and unrepresentative of the 50,000 who go through the turnstiles every week. While the takeover was obviously welcomed by the fanbase, polling has suggested that a majority have at least some objection to our owners, and in fact you'll see some of that in the replies to that tweet. The "we just want to watch the Saudis" guy is not all Newcastle fans, though of course it saddens me that it's any of us.

• Like 2