Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

Just now, Lineker said:

Lol wut

You seriously think that's a red? Behave. His foot skims off the ball, its a yellow card at most. 

Casemiro had a red for less last season.

There was a challenge knee high on Rashford today though that was only deemed a yellow. 

So yeah, no consistency as usual. Jones hasn't meant to hurt him but the FA will use the out of control/dangerous thing and then it can't really be argued.

It's right on the borderline for me, proper orange card. He's obviously not gone to hurt him but he is high and it's a potential leg breaker with the way he makes contact. Yes he does glance off the ball but he's gone in poorly.

Personal view, I think it's not enough of a "clear and obvious" to overturn, and that's the case had it been red or yellow initially.

Diaz looked on by a good yard or two before the Son goal, didn't bother with any lines or anything then we just concede.

Farce this. 

Just now, FLiam said:

a360e152-e3d0-4271-bbfc-d1515512a39b.jpeg

A clear red.

You must have been on the VAR for this game. Pick the still image at the end without any of the context

3 minutes ago, Colly said:

Yeah, the still image thing drives me mad. It's a red though.

I think that's what has wound me up the most. It's literally the first thing the ref sees when he goes over to the monitor and I do think whether people think it is or isn't a red, that still image being the very first thing you are shown is gonna have a sway in your decision making. I don't think that should have been done, it should have been shown from the start of the incident and different angles then a decision made.

• Like 3