Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

Chaps on NBC saying they asked for evidence about why Diaz goal was disallowed and have had no response. So that'll be an apology on Monday because some idiot has forgotten to check where Romero was.

For all the excitement about Angle he's been completely befuddled by a team sticking 8 men on the edge of their own box, and had to rely on an own goal to beat 9 men. They'll fall away soon.

Klopp's got to get a grip on discipline, two rash lunges and two more red cards isn't a great look in addition to the Macallister one.

5 minutes ago, Liam said:

Poor tackles and stupid decisions, pretty much.

I haven't seen the first yellow since it happened but it very much seemed like the Spurs player fell over himself. What Jota did next was stupid though.

Feels like six of one half a dozen of the other with the discipline. Either this Liverpool side is a bit more hot-headed than previous ones or the ways referees are officiating have changed.

1 minute ago, Hobo said:

I haven't seen the first yellow since it happened but it very much seemed like the Spurs player fell over himself. What Jota did next was stupid though.

The back of the Spurs player's studs hit Jota in the knee.

You would think studs going that high into a player's knee would be violent conduct! 🙄 (Gotta laugh through the pain!)

2 minutes ago, Lineker said:

However even if your first yellow clearly shouldn't have been a yellow; don't be so daft to go pick up a second one immediately thereafter like that. No?

Agreed. That was as foolish. As was a referee giving a free to a player who clearly tripped over his own legs.

16 minutes ago, Lineker said:

However even if your first yellow clearly shouldn't have been a yellow; don't be so daft to go pick up a second one immediately thereafter like that. No?

It is. Its brain dead. But it's never a yellow for the first. Its never a foul. 

But that was honestly one of the worst officiating performances I've seen. On pitch and VAR.

It's across the league and there's no accountability or repercussions and it feels like it's just accepted as the standards are crap. 

I do think so far this season, we've shown we are probably the best team in the league when it comes to back againdt the wall, up against adversity

I would be a little worried, from a Spurs POV, that it had to be an own goal that decided it against 9 men and the manager chose to bolster the attack by bringing on a kid from Argentina for his debut.

It felt a bit like how under Rafa, Liverpool would be chasing a game against Bolton or someone and bringing on David N'Gog.

EDIT: PGMOL have said Diaz's goal should've stood.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

It is. Its brain dead. But it's never a yellow for the first. Its never a foul. 

But that was honestly one of the worst officiating performances I've seen. On pitch and VAR.

It's across the league and there's no accountability or repercussions and it feels like it's just accepted as the standards are crap. 

I do think so far this season, we've shown we are probably the best team in the league when it comes to back againdt the wall, up against adversity

Could’ve easily been booked for the foul before that, which I thought he got away with cos you were down to 10. I’d want to see an explanation of the offside, cos it looked on, otherwise thought the ref got the reds both right? 

2 minutes ago, Hobo said:

I would be a little worried, from a Spurs POV, that it had to be an own goal that decided it against 9 men and the manager chose to bolster the attack by bringing on a kid from Argentina for his debut.

It felt a bit like how under Rafa, Liverpool would be chasing a game against Bolton or someone and bringing on David N'Gog.

Just a reflection on some injuries & the fact we’re at the start of a project. I think what everyone seems to be forgetting, is other than 4 months under Conte, the football has been miserable for 4 years.

Ange has walked in, got us playing some good stuff, the vibes are great, we’re all aware we’re ahead of schedule and there’s gonna be some stumbling blocks. But like, it’s proper fun to support spurs again & if it looks like fans and players are getting carried away, fuck it, footballs apparently meant to be fun, we’ll enjoy it while its good.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

At the end of the day, Spurs stole 3 points, which is, whatever. They’re going to drop a lot more than Liverpool even with 12 players on the pitch and another in the sky on their side.

Everyone knows God supports Roma.

26 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Yeah, obviously!! That was the very first thing I said when it happened. Jota was absolute imbecile and let the whole squad down. 

7 minutes ago, Hobo said:

EDIT: PGMOL have said Diaz's goal should've stood.

I'll never forget N'Gog conning the referee with the most ridiculous dive ever against Bolton and winning a penalty. "Who needs the cog when you got N'Gog!" still comes to mind! 🤣