Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

Is it? Their form is appalling to be honest, and whilst he has done an amazing job there in getting them up and keeping them up, it does feel as if maybe he has done all he can with them.

The next thing will be how well they do now. I'm not convinced by Nuno, although he did a great job at Wolves. And I suspect Cooper will land at one of the next Premier League clubs to sack their manager - you could see Crystal Palace or even West Ham giving him a go before long.

13 hours ago, Adam said:

Is it? Their form is appalling to be honest, and whilst he has done an amazing job there in getting them up and keeping them up, it does feel as if maybe he has done all he can with them.

I think it's fair to say that he'd have been sacked earlier if it hadn't been for his great relationships with the players and fans. With the cut-throat nature of football today, one win in thirteen, regardless of previous success, is only likely to result in dismissal.

Still, it's sad to see an end to his tenure. The last time there was such fan positivity at Forest before Cooper was probably back in 1995 under Frank Clark. It would be a big shame to see them go back to churning through managers and getting nowhere.

• Like 3

On 19/12/2023 at 17:00, Cymbols said:

Very real possibility that Forest are entering their Dean Smith to Steven Gerrard era.

Without Gerrard you wouldn't be where you are. Laid the foundarions. So ungrateful...

• Haha 1

Villa were very hard done by on the VAR call. The keeper is absolutely fouled on the corner, yes, but it has zero impact on the play and ensuing goal. Very clear new phase of play as Sheffield United try to dribble out of their own box, lose possession, and Villa score. Really don't understand how the keeper being fouled 10+ seconds previously had anything to do with the goal.

• Like 3

I suspect the reason they overturned the goal despite the length of time that passed was that Foderingham could quite easily have collected the cross had he not been yanked back like he was (even being fouled he nearly got one hand on it), so I'm assuming they have interpreted it as that the entire phase of play would have been changed remarkably had he not been fouled. 

But yes, its another inconsistent call.