Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

Least we don't have the stench of being top at Christmas attached to us for the rest of the season now. Good set of results over the last two days considering no one's really gone on about us this season compared to other teams 

13 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

City will be fine. Liverpool, Arsenal, and Villa all had the chance to put more distance between them and City and didn't. Will likely be that through 19 matches they'll be 2 pts off the top with a goal differential advantage.

I'm biased, obviously, but I'd reckon Arsenal and Villa will burn themselves out faster than Liverpool and we could end up in another tight City vs Liverpool run-in. Being in the Europa League might give Liverpool a slight advantage but tbh I'm expecting City to hit their stride second half of the season and win the league.

It was a pen and yet a really dumb decision by Jota. 

Stressful that, should have been a cricket score but some iffy finishes at times / poor final ball / just a bit of luck not going our way at times. Dubravka made some great saves and some were just straight at him. 

Anthony Taylor can get in the bin. No idea how Joelinton didn't get booked in the first half. 

7 minutes ago, Colly said:

While we were tonked, this sums up my current thoughts. What's the point of VAR?

its nice to know we can still have stuff like this even with VAR

2 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

It was a pen and yet a really dumb decision by Jota. 

Stressful that, should have been a cricket score but some iffy finishes at times / poor final ball / just a bit of luck not going our way at times. Dubravka made some great saves and some were just straight at him. 

Anthony Taylor can get in the bin. No idea how Joelinton didn't get booked in the first half. 

The Joelinton one is arguable, you can't book a player for stopping a promising attack when the promising attack still happened, but I think you could still book him for the daftness of the foul (should have just pulled his shirt...). As Neville said though that's the only complaint Liverpool could have, despite Drury not knowing the difference between Bruno and Joe. 

That second pen gets worse on every viewing though, he puts the right leg (the one there's contact on) down to step, then goes down on the left. The slight problem is that media/refs etc have made it so difficult to give a pen when you don't go to ground (ever since that one Gerrard got against Stoke), so players are encouraged to dive. And that was a dive.

We were shite again though, shouldn't have been in it at 80 minutes and deserved the loss, just annoying the manner of it.

• Like 1