2023-2024 NBA season

Pooker

That was so damn stressful.  Glad they won, dunno if they can take the Pacers but losing this series would've been devastating.  I don't care that they're down Randle and one of their top bench guys or that they've got picks, maybe a big name on the way etc they needed to at least take a series after getting the 2 seed.

• Like 1

Darvin Ham has been fired by LeBron the Lakers, after reaching the WCF and winning the In-Season Tournament during the last twelve months. But he couldn't teach D'Lo Russell to shoot threes, so he's out.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Darvin Ham has been fired by LeBron the Lakers, after reaching the WCF and winning the In-Season Tournament during the last twelve months. But he couldn't teach D'Lo Russell to shoot threes, so he's out.

The entire coaching staff has been let go. Amazing.

2 hours ago, Chris2K said:

This reminds me of when LeBron was about to leave the Heat and told them to draft Shabazz Napier. They drafted him and LeBron left behind a burning wreckage. 

Now the Lakers fire the coaching staff to try to coax him into staying and he's likely influencing them to get unproven JJ Redick at coach before also packing his bags. 

Gotta appreciate the consistency. 

After listening to his podcast for the last few years and listening to Mind the Game with both JJ and LeBron, I'm fully convinced that Redick will make a great coach one day. I just hope it's not for the Lakers.

14 minutes ago, Pooker said:

After listening to his podcast for the last few years and listening to Mind the Game with both JJ and LeBron, I'm fully convinced that Redick will make a great coach one day. I just hope it's not for the Lakers.

I don't doubt this at all. But clearly the Lakers aren't trying to wait and see after firing a guy that took them to WCF, won them an IST, and brought them back to the playoffs. 

48 minutes ago, LL! said:

This reminds me of when LeBron was about to leave the Heat and told them to draft Shabazz Napier. They drafted him and LeBron left behind a burning wreckage. 

Now the Lakers fire the coaching staff to try to coax him into staying and he's likely influencing them to get unproven JJ Redick at coach before also packing his bags. 

Gotta appreciate the consistency. 

It would be fucking hilarious if he got them to draft Bronny and then immediately dipped.

• Haha 3

Okay I definitely am now rooting for the Timberwolves the rest of the playoffs. They are so incredibly fun to watch. 

• Like 1

Jokic is MVP again. Gobert gets DPOY for a record-tying fourth time. Wemby is ROY. Just as everybody predicted at the start of the year.

• Like 1

Knicks lost Brunson for a quarter and a half only for him to come out and put up a good second half.  Nice to have a win that wasn't heart attack inducing.  Love it.

Injuries continuing to pile up so I'm worried of things swinging when they get out to Indy but this has been a great start to the series.

1 hour ago, The Buscher said:

Knicks lost Brunson for a quarter and a half only for him to come out and put up a good second half.  Nice to have a win that wasn't heart attack inducing.  Love it.

Injuries continuing to pile up so I'm worried of things swinging when they get out to Indy but this has been a great start to the series.

Pacers reportedly send NBA 78 missed calls by officials during Games 1 and 2 vs. Knicks

Thoughts on this Busch?

The league has such a long history of unbalanced officiating favoring "marquee" teams. Even if it's not deliberate at this point it's just assumed anytime a call favors the Lakers or Knicks that it's part of the officials stacking the deck in their favor.

Teams are going to probably never be somewhat paranoid about it.

• Thanks 1

Seeing as the Knicks haven't won a title in 50 years, if the refs are trying their hardest to help them they've not done a great job with it.  The Pacers can cry me a river.

Also in addition to Reggie Miller calling the game yesterday, the postgame show had Shaq and Barkley, rather than praise the Knicks for the win, both openly saying they thought the Knicks were incredibly overrated and that they hoped the Celtics stomped them in the next round.

It was a level of bias that felt like I was watching an SNL skit.

• Haha 1

Jalen Brunson already has more playoff points in his short time with New York than Carmelo Anthony had in 7 years.